Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The voucher system  (Read 3242 times)

austinlorenz

The voucher system
« on: November 05, 2009, 10:43:54 pm »

Have libertarians in New Hampshire made any attempts at establishing a voucher system?  It seems most of their educational efforts have been focused on home schooling. 

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: The voucher system
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 02:11:11 am »

Republicans have to some degree.

Fr33dom

Re: The voucher system
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:30:31 pm »

Recently in Maine, the board of ed has been challenged by someone to remove the Civics books that the freshman class are learning false info about the Constitution. The article is at the Bangor Daily News. In bold is the facts. The rest is from a not so hot memory of details. Sorry..

I am not sure how the voucher program works, or what it is that makes it work or not work.  I do know we need to get further away from the 'public school' as our children are not learning life skills or academics. They are being taught the lie of the elitist. IE, global warming, population control, etc..

I was thinking about... How would it be if we were to find local teachers to teach our children? Provide a home setting, or man made / community project of neighbors building small schools in communities?  Somewhat in comparison of the neighborhood schools of the 1800 and early 1900's?  In other words, get rid of the dept of education and the unions. Pay according to the persons ability to teach and produce top notch students?

Paula
Pages: [1]   Go Up