Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: # of Reasons to move to Jaffrey, NH  (Read 2018 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
# of Reasons to move to Jaffrey, NH
« on: August 17, 2009, 09:46:38 am »

1).  Annual Fireworks Show.  Mid August.  Jaffrey Airport

This year was the twentieth anniversary (last Sat. eve) and the attendance was approximately 30,000(!) people.  It's held at the airport, They stack the cars in long rows, bumper to bumper as well as have open area seating.  The Fireworks cost $500,000 dollars and are from Atlas Pyrotechnics Co.  It was $8 a head or $40 a carload.  The doors open at 4pm and the people begin funneling in.  Live (good!) music, Parachuters and the Fireworks show at 9.   No booze allowed, but I wondered about concealed drinkers.

What I liked most about the show was that all the fireworks were perfectly synchronized to classic rock and feel good music.  Live and Let Die was my favorite and Pinball Wizard was also pretty cool.  Get there early (first in, first out) because if you don't, it's going to take you HOURS to get out off the runway..  What was almost equally as interesting to watch was looking at thousands and thousands of faces in the crowd, at night, as the fireworks lighting provided snapshot (boom boom) lighting.
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: # of Reasons to move to Jaffrey, NH
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:25:12 pm »

2. LFOD event

3.  CAACP

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: # of Reasons to move to Jaffrey, NH
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:32:24 pm »

4. It's just a damn nice town, with interesting shops and a river with a park along it that flows over a waterfall right through downtown.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything