Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation for a camcorder  (Read 2493 times)

Argentum

Recommendation for a camcorder
« on: August 09, 2009, 11:55:19 am »

In the near future, I am going to buy a camcorder.  Can someone recommend one?  My budget is around $300-350 and I think I want a hard drive as well as the ability to take digital pictures.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Recommendation for a camcorder
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:17:12 pm »

In the near future, I am going to buy a camcorder.  Can someone recommend one?  My budget is around $300-350 and I think I want a hard drive as well as the ability to take digital pictures.
Don't know the quality...but these seem to be getting popular:

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip_mino.shtml#scene=sceneMain

FirstClown

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:03:00 pm »

Check out the Zoom Q3 if you haven't gotten one yet.  Most microphones on smaller camcorders don't work really well, but I know that Zoom really cares about stuff like that.

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Q3-Handy-Video-Recorder/dp/B002J95GVI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251828002&sr=8-2

It might be ugly, but I would check reviews against the flip before buying.

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 02:43:43 pm »

If you find a good one you can recommend it to Ripley, the one he uses to record cops during pull-overs sucks LOL
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up