Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: School Teacher wants to move to NH next year..  (Read 18082 times)

mlh418

School Teacher wants to move to NH next year..
« on: July 06, 2009, 03:52:51 pm »

Anyone know what that job market is like?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: School Teacher wants to move to NH next year..
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 04:11:32 pm »

What sort of teaching do you do, or are you looking to do?

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 05:48:08 pm »

The market is good overall, but I haven't looked into education.
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

mlh418

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 09:54:40 pm »

I'm certified in elementary ed.. and reading. 

Fr33dom

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:24:15 pm »

If you have a teacher that is moving to NH, now would be the time to talk seriously about hiring her/him to run a small school, such as I would consider a 'homeschool', non union, and get paid according to ability and results.

If you think back to the early days, our school teachers weren't much older than the students they taught.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:42:06 pm »

I have heard that the teaching profession is steady, at least on the coast.  I'll talk to some folks about it and see what's going on.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Fr33dom

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:23:53 pm »

I think the most important thought on this subject would be to get the 'government' or 'public' school out of the picture. It would be a healthy education for the students. So, you'd be hiring 'private' teachers, non union, and paid according to her / his ability and results.
The public school students are being taught false information, and being brain washed.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 10:15:35 am »

It would be cool if we could set up a summer school program for kids still enrolled in the public schools.  Many of those kids have never gotten a real education, and many have falsely associated public schools with learning.  A lot of kids are actually interested in other subjects that they would like to learn.  Unfortunately, they never get an opportunity to get that more advanced, independent learning like you get in college or many private schools.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

scofields

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 07:45:51 am »

I moved to New Hampshire and live near the Epping/Raymond area.  I have been teaching for 5 years and have looked in to schools all over the area I live in.  No one is hiring outside applicants.  I have put in applications everywhere and not one interview.....I have been told it is because I need to know someone who works in the school district.  I have been considering looking in to private tutoring or trying my hand at homeschooling. 
Good luck!

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 12:46:10 pm »

I moved to New Hampshire and live near the Epping/Raymond area.  I have been teaching for 5 years and have looked in to schools all over the area I live in.  No one is hiring outside applicants.  I have put in applications everywhere and not one interview.....I have been told it is because I need to know someone who works in the school district.  I have been considering looking in to private tutoring or trying my hand at homeschooling. 
Good luck!

Keep trying.  You might want to expand your search to a larger area.  For a new teacher in NH, I'd recommend renting a room from someone instead of buying a house or getting a lease in your name.  That way you can move to where the job is.  The entire New England area isn't a great place for new teachers right now.  Being willing to live in northern NH one year and southern NH the next would give you an advantage over many potential applicants.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything