Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: New FSPer? Please Tell Us how you found the Free State Project!  (Read 34381 times)

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: New FSPer? Please Tell Us how you found the Free State Project!
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 08:17:16 pm »

I first heard/read about the Free State Project on the website for Glenn Becks 9/12 Project.  It was a forum kinda thing, and I can't remember what the initial post/thread was about, but there was one gal who posted a link to FSPs website after saying something like "WOW! These folks are serious!" ;D lol

I saw the words "Free State Project" in the link, and I thought "...hmmm".  I just had to check it out. So I did. And now here I am - collecting info, and seriously considering making the committment to move to NH :)

Tell your friends! ;)

thelibertarianmom

• The Libertarian Mom
    • The Libertarian Mom
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 02:47:50 pm »

My husband showed me the site.  He has not signed up for the forums yet and I'm pretty surprised.  I'm sure he found it on google. 

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 11:48:30 am »

My husband showed me the site.  He has not signed up for the forums yet and I'm pretty surprised.  I'm sure he found it on google. 

Welcome!
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 06:00:30 pm »

he is here now.....
and if you guys haven't signed up for the project yet... make sure you each sign up not together... 2 vs 1.. and if you can't commit yet.... sign up as a friend and then you can always convert to a participant.

Lance

• Voluntaryist
    • website
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 11:19:24 pm »

My brother-in-law told me about the FSP a couple years ago but I re-discovered it when Judge Burke told Ian to "Have a seat!"

Sam's incarceration made me get serious about the move and I hope to be there by the end of the year.

I look forward to contributing what I can.  :)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 07:21:39 am »

please make sure you tell people about the FSP where you are now... host a table at a local event, via the internet, in person, etc etc

Sam A. Robrin

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 12:03:12 pm »

My brother-in-law told me about the FSP a couple years ago but I re-discovered it when Judge Burke told Ian to "Have a seat!"

How many are there in the "Burke-y Boom," anyway?  I may be needing that information at trial next month . . .

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 03:53:58 pm »

Sam's incarceration made me get serious about the move and I hope to be there by the end of the year.

That's great Lance!  Putting a sign or bumper sticker on your car now is a great way to advertise (out of NH that is!).  Hope you make this year as well (more people are moving every week and it just keeps getting better and better!).

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 01:00:18 am »

please make sure you tell people about the FSP where you are now... host a table at a local event, via the internet, in person, etc etc

I am currently visiting family back in Seattle.  You bet I'm telling people around here about the FSP.  The last two months, I've been telling folks in California about it, and have been telling other mariners about the project.  Of course, I keep hearing about the need for a Nevada project from California folks, but the idea still goes in their mind, and they tell other folks about it.

Don't forget to sign up at the Next 1,000 pledgebank.com/Next1000 and to update your address when you get here.  The biggest recruiting tools we have are the counters.  Many folks only move when they see that the movement is still increasing in numbers.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Gestalt_Casey

• Libertas inaestimabilis res est
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2009, 11:36:03 pm »

I was reading about PorcFest on Foxnews.com and googled Free State Project thereafter.   The PorcFest was under tonight's "most popular" and I can see why.  Now I'm bummed I didn't know about it before!! 
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey

LoveMilitaryHateGovt

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 11:38:25 pm »

I found out from a link on FoxNews about the Porcupine Festival on my iPhone.  My wife and I have been talking about where we should someday retire and I'm now making a strong push to make it NH!  Thank you to whoever thought up this GREAT IDEA!!! 

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 11:52:04 pm »

Wow, that's great folks. I knew that AP article would spread far and wide. Y'all are more than welcome round here.

RD6

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2009, 12:28:40 am »

Hi all, I found this place from the AP story too on fox news. Where have you guys been. I've been looking for something exactly like this forever. There are so many lunatics with lots of big Ideas on the internet. I'm so excited that there are others that think like me. I live in Upstate NY(southern adirondacks) Its absolutely horrible here. Jobs are all gone and it alot like a prison state as I'm sure you know. The only thing that keeps me here is the land, I love the mountains. I would never move south or west and after this past November with all of new england in the blue. I Started to feel like the last Edgar Friendly around. I'm in my late 30s Married 14 years and got 2 great kids. I'd move right now if I had the money and a job to go to.
RD6

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2009, 01:36:26 am »

Welcome to all of you! 

Gestalt, sign up as a friend of the FSP and you'll get our monthly newsletter.  That way, you'll know about upcoming events.  PorcFest will be next June in the same place (you can meet the people interviewed in the article) and the Liberty Forum will be this March.

RD6, we have mountains in NH! :)  Btw, Mercatus did a study on which states were the freest and least free.  New Hampshire was the freest and New York was the least free...so you stand the most to gain than anyone by moving to NH.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Shell

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2009, 09:32:50 am »

I found out online.  Fox News had front page article last night.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up

anything