Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: New FSPer? Please Tell Us how you found the Free State Project!  (Read 34882 times)

MK

• AKA Markus

Are you new to the FSP?  If so, please tell us how you found about the Free State Project so we can improve our marketing and find more people like you!

My story was, while in Colorado, packing to move to the New England area, I found a mini documentary on Current TV about the project while channel surfing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:40:49 am by Markus »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Jason74

Re: New FSPer? Please Tell Us how you found the Free State Project!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:26:39 pm »

I found you guys on the web when looking for something I could do to change the state we've let our nation sink into.I'll bet Homeland Security LOVES me after Googling freedom,Constitution,revolution,civil disobedience,and the like.The "Patriot Act",ha!Now that's a knee slapper!

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:39:06 pm »

My story was I found a mini documentary on Current TV about the project while channel surfing a couple thousand miles away.

Very cool.  That film maker is working on a bigger documentary on the FSP, BTW.  Not out yet.
See http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=15229.0

Send her a thank you :)

Jesse Priest

• Under The Dog
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 03:46:08 am »

I found the FSP through Free Talk Live which I started listening to only a month or 2 ago.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 06:39:15 am »

Welcome to the forum, Jesse.  :)
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 11:17:30 am »

Welcome and thanks, Jesse.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

shamusyoung

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 11:50:03 am »

Not liking current trends here in Pennsylvania, my wife and I began talking about moving.  She Google'd for "most libertarian state" and found FSP.

Addendum: Nice to meet you. :)

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 12:03:51 pm »

My story was I found a mini documentary on Current TV about the project while channel surfing a couple thousand miles away.

Very cool.  That film maker is working on a bigger documentary on the FSP, BTW.  Not out yet.
See http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=15229.0

Send her a thank you :)

Thanks Seth.  That's Interesting.  I wondered if she lived in the area as I never heard of her again after moving to NH.  Anyway, thanks for her contact info and the good idea to thank her:  and to add to that: done.  :)
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 12:28:48 pm »

Welcome Jason 74, Jessie Preist and Shamusyoung to the world of the Free State Project where no one's in charge.  If you like the idea of doing your own thing and finding out there's others who you could join or they could join you in peaceful activism, then you'll love it.

The sociol stuph is great fun and it's a blast being next to a bonfire or in a building with others and finding out you're not the only "oddball" in the place!  That you really aren't crazy for thinking the direction we need to go is the pursuit of more liberty and freedom in our lifetimes.

Shamusyoung, that's awesome that your search for the most Libertarian State turned up NH! 

Finally, I hope everyone can make PorcFest in late June as it really is the FSP's biggest recruiting/sociol connection event of the year (highest number of attendees), lots of fun, held deep in the mountains of New Hampshire. :)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 02:35:07 pm »

Addendum: Nice to meet you. :)

Likewise.  :)
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 02:43:35 pm »

Welcome to all the new comers, we'd love to have ya. I found the FSP in an ad in the Libertarian Party news back in 2003-ish.

adirondeau

• Its a Freedom thing.
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 04:25:08 pm »

Shamus - that is funny because that is how I found the FSP site! I was Googling Libertarian states and the FSP site popped up.
If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you've always got...

A man's mind stretched to an new idea never goes back to its original dimension...

madeinmotown

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 05:56:35 pm »

Free Talk Live

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 05:11:59 am »

Anyone hear about the fsp directly from a friend or a stranger you met?  Coworker, family, fellow liberty folks you've talked with?  What can we do to get more newbs into the Granite State?  Have you signed the Next 1,000 pledge, yet?
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

time4liberty

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 11:01:49 am »

I think someone posted about it on ronpaulforums.com, but it also might have been a google search. Since I'm from NH, it really caught my eye.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up