Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: "This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."  (Read 33117 times)

MK

• AKA Markus

"This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than anywhere."
  Dale (anarchyinyourhead.com)

Dale made this comment on Free Keene.com's Forum website and I couldn't agree more.  I think it's due in large part because the town of Keene is so small and the number of Activiists are so busy and large, compared to other areas in New Hampshire...and so the participants and the mission of more Freedom are much more visable. 

Please don't misunderstand that there are not good people doing great things in other parts of the state because there are.  But what makes Keene's Activists so different is the majority choose to take on the system Peacefully from the "Outside" first ("breaking, challenging Tyrant law), and then battle it from the "Inside" (peacefully fighting the "Justice" system, from jail sometimes, etc.).

This peaceful Initiation/Attitude of wanting More Liberty Now, coupled with the fact that it's also being covered by the Liberty Media (Headquarted in Keene), is like a Tornado faning a Wildfire. 

Are those in Keene more Impatient, for more Liberty, than anyone else?  I don't know.  But what I do know is, if You are Excited and Impatient for more Liberty, then I'd have to recommend you check out this NH postcard "town" of Keene, because as the man said....

"This Movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."   

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Antijingoist

Re: "This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:42:36 pm »

I'll second that!
It's my main reason for wanting to stay in Keene. Compared to Keene, it appears that every other city is virtually stationary.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:58:18 pm »

I'll second that!
It's my main reason for wanting to stay in Keene. Compared to Keene, it appears that every other city is virtually stationary.

I think there's tremendous work being done by those outside of Keene, (ex: State reps elected, NH Liberty Rating, tax initiative battles, etc), but it's not as "exciting" as when people get arrested, etc., so it's easy to discount.  That coupled with the fact that Keene is becoming/is the Liberty Media Headquarters of the World, is going to add to that because Keene's Activism is going to be well covered. 

For example, I bet Free Talk Live could fill up a show and thensome if everyone outside of Keene called in, or emailed them and told them what Activism they've been doing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:12:26 pm by Markus »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 04:46:03 pm »

If a person is interested in civ dis, that is true.  I don't know how well political, inside-the-system activism would work in Keene.  Andrew may soon show us.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 05:13:12 pm »

If your main issue is just civil disobedience, I would go to Manchester, because the CD work those folks are doing is much more productive, and is more "illegal community service" type of CD.  The city is also great for both state and local politics, since there are so many projects to choose from, and because one third of all State Legislators are elected from within a 15 minute drive of Manchester.  Concord is only a 20 minute drive up 93, and about 40 State Reps come from just that one city.

To be fair, there are not as many residents in Keene as Manchester, but there are WAY more porcs in Manchester than in Keene and adjacent towns, more friends of the fsp, more elected proliberty reps, and more new movers coming in--just to Manchester by itself.  There are more proliberty businesses, residents, and Ron Paul signs in people's yards in towns like Seabrook, Manchester, Deerfield, and towns that haven't even seen freestater migrations yet.

Look at it this way:  How many years will it take before Keene area towns are as proliberty as Grafton, Seabrook, or even Deerfield.  How long will it be before their police departments are as friendly as those in other parts of the state?  In the four years of Keene activism and recruiting, how many bad public officials have been fired, there.  We have more political accomplishments to mention in one year in Seabrook than in four with statist Keene.

Point being:  A LOT of the people I knew in Keene HATE freedom and freedom lovers.  You cannot have hate and liberty in the same place.  Liberty depends on RESPECT for the rights of other people, and you don't find enough people out there who are willing to question life-long assumptions.  Please take a look at the voting results out there for pro-liberty candidates.  A proliberty Republican or Democratic candidate sees third party results after campaigning hard.  In Manchester, there are districts where a 100% proliberty candidate can just put signs up and doorbell to get elected and re-elected year after year.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Sam A. Robrin

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 06:31:06 pm »

KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DspcTcVslsI
COPYRIGHT 2009 by Sam A. Robrin or whoever the hell it is who writes these things. Go ahead and use it (Hell, I lifted the melody!), but if you make a little money on it, I want some!

If you're moving to Keene, New Hampshire,
You're set to work for freedom in your time.
If you're moving to Keene, New Hampshire,
You're going to find a chill and craggy clime.
And those who move to Keene, New Hampshire,
Don't fear to face the mountains there to climb.
Breathe the air of Keene, New Hampshire:
Activism in action all the time.

'Midst the hope that it's bringing,
You can hear freedom ringing:
Free minds existing.
Exponential improvement
In the liberty movement--
People persisting . . . People resisting.

All those who move to Keene, New Hampshire,
Welcome the challenge of mountains there to climb.
Breathe the air of Keene, New Hampshire:
Activism in action all the time.

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 06:42:54 pm »

If your main issue is just civil disobedience, I would go to Manchester, because the CD work those folks are doing is much more productive, and is more "illegal community service" type of CD.  The city is also great for both state and local politics, since there are so many projects to choose from, and because one third of all State Legislators are elected from within a 15 minute drive of Manchester.  Concord is only a 20 minute drive up 93, and about 40 State Reps come from just that one city.

To be fair, there are not as many residents in Keene as Manchester, but there are WAY more porcs in Manchester than in Keene and adjacent towns, more friends of the fsp, more elected proliberty reps, and more new movers coming in--just to Manchester by itself.  There are more proliberty businesses, residents, and Ron Paul signs in people's yards in towns like Seabrook, Manchester, Deerfield, and towns that haven't even seen freestater migrations yet.

Look at it this way:  How many years will it take before Keene area towns are as proliberty as Grafton, Seabrook, or even Deerfield.  How long will it be before their police departments are as friendly as those in other parts of the state?  In the four years of Keene activism and recruiting, how many bad public officials have been fired, there.  We have more political accomplishments to mention in one year in Seabrook than in four with statist Keene.

Point being:  A LOT of the people I knew in Keene HATE freedom and freedom lovers.  You cannot have hate and liberty in the same place.  Liberty depends on RESPECT for the rights of other people, and you don't find enough people out there who are willing to question life-long assumptions.  Please take a look at the voting results out there for pro-liberty candidates.  A proliberty Republican or Democratic candidate sees third party results after campaigning hard.  In Manchester, there are districts where a 100% proliberty candidate can just put signs up and doorbell to get elected and re-elected year after year.

I wouldn't take away from civil disobedience, but I think working the system is more effective. 
Tu ne cede malis.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 07:53:35 pm »

Hey guys, I think you are doing a great job, but thinking the statement above is a bit of a ???

Anything to back that up?  Your certainly are leading in the civil disobedience, but have you elected
anyone, or do you have anyone elected or appointed to any local government positions?

There are lots of folks who have moved to NH.  They just don't make the noise you guys do. :)

Come on guys...if you'rr going to say that, back it up with something. :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Antijingoist

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 09:59:05 pm »

Hey guys, I think you are doing a great job, but thinking the statement above is a bit of a ???

Anything to back that up?  Your certainly are leading in the civil disobedience, but have you elected
anyone, or do you have anyone elected or appointed to any local government positions?

There are lots of folks who have moved to NH.  They just don't make the noise you guys do. :)

I got an idea! Let's back it up with noise!!!!
* Antijingoist yells like crazy!
    :D

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 01:13:29 am »

Dave, I thought you were aware of who was elected and where.   Keene has not elected anyone YET, but with the recent influx of newbies showing up, there is now a strong interest in pursuing that route as well.  So on that front, all I can say is there's now interest and look for FSP Bureaucrats in the Keene, sooner than later.

I think you would agree that Keene is quite possibly the MOST Statist city in NH, and thus consequently makes it the most difficult project.  But the individuals who choose to live there are willing to accept the challenge.  I'm guessing, but I'd say it is very likely the most difficult place to achive Liberty in NH.   

So as you must know, Keene is the Liberty Media Headquarters of the World, and home to biggest blowhorn the FSP now has, Free Talk Live and ALL THE REST of the Liberty Media that beams out of the Keene area.   But did you know the Local Gov in Keene is truly in a Panic State as they keep getting their buttons pushed and it just keeps building, all the while exposing the Tyrants for who they are?

As you probably know, the individuals in Keene aren't trying to change things like most people would.  I guess that's why I like them so much is because they are blazing their own trail, doing things their way, testing the system like it's never been quite tested before, (Have a SEAT!, Have a SEAT!)  You must admit, it's been fantastic theatre. 

On one hand I think you would agree it's difficult to compare the two because it's like,  Keene vs the rest of NH, generally speaking,  with both approaches  being entirely different.   I think we have a lot of work to do to win this thing called Libety and I applaud everyone and anyone who has done anything in the pursuit of more Liberty for everyone.

I veiw Keene's effort as attacking Tyranny, at its Root.  I think it's the toughest battle so I don't think results will come fast, but I'd say they are off to a great start!  I do think it's very likely there's going to be a Supreme Court case coming out of Keene, sooner than later.

Here's a list of the upcoming peaceful challenges from the Liberty Activists for the City of Keene.  Dave Ridley, (whatever happended to his arraignment?), Andrew, I think his name is, the Marijuana CD, Jessie, Gardening on part of his land for the public good,  Activists arrested for peacefully being in a Public lobby and of course Sam I am, (for recording) presently in jail and building a huge civil rights case, and whose story, I hear, is starting to attract National Headlines with many others around the Globe hearing about it as well ,as I think people are hungry for this. 

I think you'd agree the Keene Activists approach is "unique" and I think to base their success on a head count of FSP Bureaucrats would be mistake.

Without question, the result of the above is going to equal even more people moving to NH, and Especially Keene, in particular.

Keene Activists have also been saving people parking tickets (Ticketless Tuesdays), have been donating food on a monthly basis for the Community and they have also been handing out Fully Informed Jury Association information to all potential Jurors Every Month, for quite some time now and the latest "disobedience" being considered is an effort reach out to Law Enforcement, on a social basis.

Keene Activists are going about achieving more Liberty, their own way, now, in the face of the book and by the book (sam) and so I applaud them.  I would imagine their strategy wouldn't sit too great with some but I think what people need to keep in mind is that these activists are always Peaceful in their acts of CD.  To each is own, because at the end of the day, we're all in this together and I know everyone in Keene appreciates everything that everyone Outside of Keene is doing in the name of winning more Liberty.  Just a "slight" difference in methods, but again, it's all peaceful.

I say we hold onto our hats and enjoy everyones' "Noise"  :)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:19:46 pm by Markus »

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 02:51:35 pm »

Dave, I thought you were aware of who was elected and where. ???  Keene has not elected anyone YET, but with the recent influx of newbies showing up, there is now a strong interest in pursuing that route as well.  So on that front, all I can say is "don't blink" as you'll have your FSP Bureaucrats in the Keene, sooner than later.

Does that mean they will *GASP* participate in the "system?"  :o

I don't think Keene people should be surprised that, since the Keeniacs don't make it clear that they don't represent the entire FSP, others will be sure to distance themselves from them in order to make that clear.  People like Amand P, in the early days of the FSP, were always quick to explain that the FSP was not an anarchist group.  I'm sure it was appreciated by the less-loud majority.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 05:06:20 pm »

Dave, I thought you were aware of who was elected and where. ???  Keene has not elected anyone YET, but with the recent influx of newbies showing up, there is now a strong interest in pursuing that route as well.  So on that front, all I can say is "don't blink" as you'll have your FSP Bureaucrats in the Keene, sooner than later.

Does that mean they will *GASP* participate in the "system?"  :o

I don't think Keene people should be surprised that, since the Keeniacs don't make it clear that they don't represent the entire FSP, others will be sure to distance themselves from them in order to make that clear.  People like Amand P, in the early days of the FSP, were always quick to explain that the FSP was not an anarchist group.  I'm sure it was appreciated by the less-loud majority.

I don't think so on the GASP because it's new people who are grabbing those Reins and they are truly into it, in addition, it's attracting support from some of those allready there, who haven't been interested, until now.  I think what you'll see is extremly motivated, professional work done. 

That's a good point about the FSP association.  I've noticed the words "Liberty Activists" being used more often to describe FSP CD (myself included) and I think I 've heard Ian say the FSP is a Bus and that it goes away, once you get here.   I think more of that by eveyone would be a good thing, in state.

I imagine the Keene Liberty Activists methods don't sit too well with some but I think everyone needs to keep in mind the Keenes CD is always Peaceful actions.   

As far as the FSP and what it is, as you know it says/defines the maximum role of Gov (but it doesn't talk about the extent at which the minimum can go!  :)

And yes, I would absolutely agree that the FSP is NOT an Anarchist group and I think that's how almost everyone percieves it (except maybe for those who are watching the "Carnival" in Keene).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:56:08 pm by Markus »

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 01:38:50 pm »

I wouldn't take away from civil disobedience, but I think working the system is more effective. 

Dave Ridley does all three: CD (productive CD, like Rosa Parks stuff), voting, and volunteer work.  He sometimes finds a way to combine two or more, and organizes others to do the same.  He would like to get arrested doing clean ups, and that's probably the most publicly shocking thing that average Jo Voter can read about it the newspaper.  As in, "Why did the cops arrest those young people for picking up litter?"
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 01:50:01 pm »

+1.  Dave can point to real successes in Barrington.  I can point to successes already in Seabrook.  Karl Beisel and Keith Murphy have helped make strides in Manchester.  Almost all of us can point to bills we've helped kill in Concord.

Keene folks are doing a lot of stuff, but it actually seems like the cops, zoning enforcement, tax collectors, judges, and prosecutors are getting more aggressive.  Have any spending projects been stopped?  Have any innocent people been rightfully cleared?  Are the taxes lower?  I keep hearing on FTL, "I want to be free for ME, for MY sake..."  There are a lot of people who've moved to New Hampshire who are dedicating themselves to public service and political activism for the sake of helping out other liberty lovers in New Hampshire.  The signal to noise ratio is much better in the rest of the state.

eileenwilson47

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 01:54:12 pm »

How is the movement going by Manchester and Concord...or around there.  We're looking to live somewhere between?  Receptive?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up