Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: # of Reasons to Move to Manchester, New Hampshire  (Read 9183 times)

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
Re: # of Reasons to Move to Manchester, New Hampshire
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 03:28:25 pm »

13. Manchester - Nashua metro area rated the best affordable city/metro area in the country based upon quality of life, crime, and employment opportunities by Forbes.com

http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/13/cheap-cities-property-lifestyle-real-estate-cheap-places.html

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 10:26:22 am »

14.  Manchester is the biggest city in New Hampshire which means the most opportunities, which equals the easiest place to find a job and housing.
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Trenks

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 11:42:12 am »

I am planning a move back to New Hampshire and will probably be moving to Manchester.   I went to school at Saint Anselm College but I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY so I need a city environment to live in.  Don't get me wrong, I love the country, but for FSPers moving from other big cities, Manch is a must.  I can't imagine any other city in NH offering the feel of a city.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Is Strangebrew still around?  That should be added to the list.  ;D

There's a Strangebrew in Milwaukee too. I understand your city preference. Though I grew up on a farm, I really want a city to live in too for the lifestyle of walking to stores and places and friends places, the social life, etc etc. Problem is, Manchester is the largest city there, yet it is really a small city.  I'm worried I'll be disappointed; that it doesn't even have that 'feel of a city' at all. 100k is tiny. I need at least 1 million to have the 20 or so congenial friends I want! But, if there really is that many freedom minded folks there, maybe 100k would suffice. I wish Boston was in NH!

freedomroad

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 11:53:13 am »

I wish Boston was in NH!

It's like 35 miles away.

Trenks

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 11:57:09 am »

I wish Boston was in NH!

It's like 35 miles away.

Its like 55 miles away. I can't be a resident of Boston and be a resident of NH at the same time. :(. I get your point though, I do like that its close.

freedomroad

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 12:50:52 pm »

I wish Boston was in NH!

It's like 35 miles away.

Its like 55 miles away. I can't be a resident of Boston and be a resident of NH at the same time. :(. I get your point though, I do like that its close.

Are you talking about from Manchester?  If you want to get technical, the NH border is about 29 miles from Boston (city) via I-93.  Typing Salem, NH and Boston, MA into Google Maps came to 35 miles.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything