Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: # of Reasons to Move to Manchester, New Hampshire  (Read 9178 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
# of Reasons to Move to Manchester, New Hampshire
« on: April 20, 2009, 12:05:05 pm »

It's been discussed that it would be good idea for each particular City/Area in New Hampshire to have a list (100+?) of reasons why you should move there. 

As this is a big job for one, I thought it would be a good idea to start some different City threads and then Unleash everyone who knows, to be free to put up their Reasons to move to Manchester (in this case), and when we get a good list for each one, then they can be condensed and typed up, one after the other.

So if you know any Good reasons to Move to Manchester, New Hampshire, please speak up so we can help make it easier for those moving here to figure out which area fits them best.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:20:17 pm by MKYORDJ »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
Re: 101+ Reasons to Move Manchester, New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:23:29 pm »

1. Highest concentration of Liberty activist in the state
2. Taproom Tuesdays $2 draft beers all day long on Tuesdays at Murphy's Taproom The First Porcupine owned bar
3. Good proximity to Concord the state's capital, as well as a good central location to reach the Monadnock and Seacoast regions
4. The Red Arrow Dinner NH's only 24 hour Dinner
5. Boston-Manchester Regional Airport - A small airport with Southwest Airlines service and on time flights
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:39:51 pm by djbridgeland »

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:26:20 pm »

6) Giovanni's Roast Beef Sandwiches with BBQ sauce. :)
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

djbridgeland

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 05:04:39 pm »

6) Giovanni's Roast Beef Sandwiches with BBQ sauce. :)

Mmm that sounds good, maybe I'll have to try that for dinner.

7. Milly's Tavern Manchester's only Brew pub has $1 happy hours from 6-7 PM & 1/2 priced appetizers from 4-7 PM

8. Lots of local businesses with a nice downtown

9. The Verizon wireless Arena - 10,000 + seating arena for concerts, and Manchester's various minor league indoor sporting events

10. New Hampshire Fishercats - affordable AA minor league baseball

muni

Re: # of Reasons to Move to Manchester, New Hampshire
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 02:33:59 pm »

Lala's Hungarian Pastry on Elm St. Real Romanian food and European pastries.

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 02:16:54 pm »

9. The Verizon wireless Arena - 10,000 + seating arena for concerts, and Manchester's various minor league indoor sporting events

For me, those are reasons to stay away from Manch. The main effect the Verizon arena has is to make parking horrible, especially around the Taproom.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

freedomroad

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 02:24:17 pm »

For me, those are reasons to stay away from Manch. The main effect the Verizon arena has is to make parking horrible, especially around the Taproom.

I think horrible is an overstatement.  Parking around Taproom (which is on Elm Street - the entertainment part of downtown) is better than at the entertainment district of any city of major size I've even parked at (Boston, Nashville, Atlanta, New Orleans, Memphis, Kansas City).

The Arena is fantastic for activism because it brings so many people together.  Depending on the event, the Arena is a great place to hand out flyers.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 10:10:43 pm »

Like Ron, I prefer the country, on the water, but I certainly appreciate everything that big cities have to offer.  Besides, we're going to need those 10,000 seats for the Liberty Forum in a couple years!

djbridgeland

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 10:57:08 pm »

12. The North End of Manchester Wards 1 and 2 plus the towns nearby (Hooksett, Candia, ect) are represented by one of the top NHLA rated senators - Theodore Gatsas.   

http://www.nhliberty.org/files/2008%20Liberty%20Rating_1.pdf

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 02:32:58 am »

I prefer the country but I do love Manch. All the reasons above are true for me. Great restaurants and I love the renovated mills. There is a lot of character to Manchester. It's a great city to live in. There aren't ENOUGH 24 hour places, but one store that is going to 24 hours starting in May is the Dunkin' Donuts on Candia Road.
 There hasn't been a 24 Dunkin' Donuts for along time. :)
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 11:12:25 am »

Reason # 101

Ice Cream Socials at Porc Central. :)

cfugs81

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 09:11:35 pm »

I am planning a move back to New Hampshire and will probably be moving to Manchester.   I went to school at Saint Anselm College but I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY so I need a city environment to live in.  Don't get me wrong, I love the country, but for FSPers moving from other big cities, Manch is a must.  I can't imagine any other city in NH offering the feel of a city.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Is Strangebrew still around?  That should be added to the list.  ;D

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 09:17:56 pm »

Welcome to the forum, cfugs81

Have you signed the statement of intent?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

cfugs81

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 09:48:33 pm »

Not yet, still figuring things out.  What do I do?

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 09:55:59 pm »

Not yet, still figuring things out.  What do I do?

The statement of intent is your affirmation that you want to move to NH and work towards a free society.  It makes you a participant in the Free State Project (and remember, once we reach 20,000 participants, it triggers a whole lot of people to move).

You can join at this link or at the various links on the front page.  After that, you move to NH and then after that, you let us know (or log in and change your address yourself) so we can add you to the "mover counter" letting others know you've moved.  Feel free to ask any questions.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up