Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: # of Reasons to Move to Grafton, New Hampshire  (Read 7700 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
# of Reasons to Move to Grafton, New Hampshire
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:49:48 am »

It's been discussed that it would be good idea for each particular City/Area in New Hampshire to have a list of reasons why you should move there. 

As this is a big job for one, I thought it would be a good idea to start some different City threads and then Unleash everyone who knows, to be free to put up their Reasons to move to Grafton (in this case), and when we get a good list for each one, then they can be condensed and typed up, one after the other.

So if you know any Good reasons to Move to Grafton, New Hampshire, please speak up so we can help make it easier for those moving here to figure out which area fits them best.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:19:40 pm by MKYORDJ »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

MK

• AKA Markus
Re: 101+ Reasons to Move to Grafton, New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:09:39 pm »

1)  It's the Home of the infamous Burning Porcupine Party.

2) Free Staters are on Planning Board :).  Please see Lloyd's correction below.

3) Extremely quiet Scenic peaceful place to live.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:30:50 pm by MKYORDJ »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

lloydbob1

Re: 101+ Reasons to Move to Grafton, New Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 05:29:35 pm »

2 is inaccurate. There are two libertarians on the planning board, one a native and the other a resident for almost 20 years. We have a Freestater elected to the Supervisor Of The Checklist and two more appointed to town positions. We have taken these posts to try to protect citizens rights and property.

4) Police Chief is a Peace Officer.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 05:32:23 pm by Lloyd Danforth »

MK

• AKA Markus
Re: # of Reasons to Move to Grafton, New Hampshire
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:29:54 pm »

Thanks for the correction Lloyd.  I'll strike it.  I guess I heard something to that effect at Murphy's one night, but it is a little loud in there! (opps, my bad). 

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:24:49 am »

and the very idea of Burning Porcupine is  making a statist in Westmoreland so nervous she put it in an article in the keene sentinel

5. Grafton Welcome Wagon (most) Saturdays (where Graftonites visit with their friends from the city and out of staters)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 02:23:45 pm »

and the very idea of Burning Porcupine is  making a statist in Westmoreland so nervous she put it in an article in the keene sentinel

and of course attributed it to the wrong event but what are facts?

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:38:41 am »

Can you blame her for worrying about the rampant cannibalism among Free Staters?
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

TEBON

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 02:33:00 pm »

5)  Neighboring Orange, NH has Mount Cardigan. . . a great mountain of over 3000 feet that's a great challenge for fat people who like to think they can hike like they did 10 years ago.  Next time I'll get to the top!

Grafton is beautiful, and the people I met there don't want to put me in cuffs like some of the less vocal majority might like.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 02:54:05 pm »

Grafton is beautiful, and the people I met there don't want to put me in cuffs like some of the less vocal majority might like.

Grafton is beautiful.  If you get a chance, could you post the pictures of the recent softball game on this forum?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

TEBON

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 03:19:59 pm »

absolutely!

freedomroad

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 10:05:59 am »

Thanks for creating this thread.  I've really enjoyed all of my time in Grafton.  I understand why liberty lovers are attracted to the place.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 11:05:40 am »

Thanks Keith, it was fun, and it was Dreepa who said, after viewing the Keene and Seabrook 101 Reasons Threads, that it would be a good idea for all towns to have something like that.  I encourage others to start their own, for their area, if it's not allready started. 

I didn't reallize it at first but because of where Grafton is now, with all it's existing Freedom (to Build, etc.) that this is another area I'd like to help promote.  I guess it's kind of like a Quiet Scenic PostCard that has yet to be filled in with the man made comforts to be determned.  Fun Stufph.

George Donnelly

• FSP Participant
  • Moving to NH ... some day?
    • Arm your Mind for Liberty
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 09:32:12 pm »

Isn't Grafton the place where there are (almost) no zoning rules? That is a big reason to move there.

Also, isn't it the place that due to some quirky geography, the winters are slightly milder?

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 10:10:32 pm »

Also, isn't it the place that due to some quirky geography, the winters are slightly milder?
You're probably thinking of the seacoast.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 11:05:47 pm »

6. Very low taxes.

7. Lots of land available (for self sufficiency, for example).

8. Proliberty, anti-gov locals.

9. Not too far from Concord (49 minutes, according to googlemaps), which generally has jobs available.  Being the State's capitol, it is more recession resistant than other areas.  It takes no more time to reach the State House from Grafton than it does from the seacoast.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything