Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: # of Reasons to Move to Nashua, New Hampshire  (Read 16741 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
Re: # of Reasons to Move to Nashua, New Hampshire
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 09:39:37 pm »

you have to go into the Mall.. that might be tough for me... going into a mall.

I heard that!

*not that there's anything wrong with that Malls. :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:42:49 pm by Markus »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Brettp76

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 04:01:08 pm »

Mine Falls Park

http://www.gonashua.com/CityGovernment/Departments/ParksandRecreation/MineFallsPark/tabid/344/Default.aspx

325 acres of good scenery for passive recreation. 

Note: I'd of course propose to privatize this land on the grounds that it's morally wrong to force one individual to pay for another individual's preferred form of recreation or entertainment. The land should be sold off to someone willing to pay for the upkeep and the proceeds of the sale should be returned to Nashua taxpayers.

Social Sunday's - Nashua

Join a political philosophy discussion group every Sunday at Riverwalk Cakery & Coffeehouse at 35 Railroad Square from 10:30 to ~11:30 a.m. The purpose of this meetup is to provide a venue for liberty friendly individuals from around the Nashua-Hudson area to network and to develop each other’s political philosophy and knowledge base pertaining to pro-liberty activism. 

"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." Ayn Rand

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 04:18:02 pm »

Hey Dale, that Chunkys Theatre/restaurant/bar looks great.  I had no idea a place like that existed in NH.  I read their website and had a trivial question: how do they take your order during the movie?  A place I used to work at years ago in Oregon did a similar thing, but the servers just took the orders via "soft voice."  I would imagine Chunky's has a checklist (?) menu you fill out and hand to a server and only speak unless you have some special request (softly & in your ear?)  Just curious! Thanks!
They really just take your order the normal way. They usually squat down so as not to block views, or not too much anyway. They speak softly during the movie. Most people arrive earlier than usual and at least get their order in or even eat part of their meal before the movie starts.
Oh wow cool!  I never considered going an hour earlier, guaranteeing your pick of seats for the movie, then having dinner ( & conversation) and a movie, and never leaving your seat!  Awesome(!)  You can bet I"ll be making plans to get there Lick-ahh-dee split!! :)
There's another Chunky's in Pelham, NH (west of Salem)
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 05:39:22 pm »

...a Trader Joe's, and a multi-screen movie theater, all within a quarter mile.  Many people considering where to move would find that very valuable information.

Nashua was actually high on my list at one point for quick access to Trader Joe's and Chunky's!! Right now I'm am craving Trader Joe's. I was just talking to my roommate this morning about picking up some coffee and other things for me next time she goes.

That, and the proximity to Boston, is the main reason that we are looking at Nashua... :)  Ah, Trader Joe's!

Okay, after looking at the Chunky's website, the deal has been sealed.  Beer+movie=heaven
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 05:42:11 pm by sonio »
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

anything