Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: # of Reasons to Move to Nashua, New Hampshire  (Read 17052 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
# of Reasons to Move to Nashua, New Hampshire
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:59:31 am »

It's been discussed that it would be good idea for each particular City/Area in New Hampshire to have a list of reasons why you should move there. 

As this is a big job for one, I thought it would be a good idea to start some different City threads and then Unleash everyone who knows, to be free to put up their Reasons to move to Nashua (in this case), and when we get a good list for each one, then they can be condensed and typed up, one after the other.

So if you know any Good reasons to Move to Nashua, New Hampshire, please speak up so we can help make it easier for those moving here to figure out which area fits them best.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:19:08 pm by MKYORDJ »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

MK

• AKA Markus
Re: 101+ Reasons to Move to Nashua, New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:48:21 pm »

1) Nashua, New Hampshire has been voted America's Most Livable City twice in the last Decade.
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 01:11:55 pm »

Aww, these threads are so cute!

Should be interesting to see which one fills out to over 100 reasons first.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

MK

• AKA Markus
Re: 101+(?) Reasons to Move to Nashua, New Hampshire
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 03:25:47 pm »

"Cute"  ;D .  Obviously by my threads very nature, when compared to yours, mine can be no more or less "cute" than yours. :)  Funny you should mention wondering who'll finish first, who will reach #101 reason or how ever many a particular area needs (+/-) as I had just been thinking about it as a horse race.  I think most would put their money on Manchester but I wouldn't be surprised if Grafton or Portsmouth won this race.  Stay tuned I guess.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:13:30 pm by MKYORDJ »

TEBON

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 03:37:27 pm »

good weed in Nashua or as I pronounce it. . . Nashuer

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 04:25:59 pm »

I think one should also keep their mind open to the possibility that one particular area may not need a total of "101 reasons."  Rather, it's fewer reasons may outweigh someone else's longer list (not that there's anything wrong with that), in their opinion, based on the quality of life that exists in a particular area.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 05:58:41 pm »

Nashua has several peace activist groups.

Brettp76

Re: # of Reasons to Move to Nashua, New Hampshire
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 04:49:39 pm »

A few reasons:

1. Jobs

Good jobs are very sparse in New Hampshire so Nashua offers an easy commute to North/Northwest greater Boston.

2. Social Life

Cities aren't for everybody but if they are for you, again, you can be in Boston very easily.

3. The Coalition for Limited Government - Greater Nashua

Make no mistake, they mean VERY limited government.
(Check the Liberty Calendar for info)

4. Not too big, not too small

Nashua has all the shopping you can handle but the downtown and city itself is all still very New Hampshire.

"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." Ayn Rand

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 04:59:32 pm »

close to the nearest Trader Joes.  (in MA)

Brettp76

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 08:30:06 pm »

Pheasant Lane Mall

Likely to get even busier with the MA sales tax increase...
"My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." Ayn Rand

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 08:40:34 pm »

Pheasant Lane Mall

How is a mall getting busier a good thing for anyone other than a store owner at the mall?   :)

freedomroad

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 09:14:22 pm »

Pheasant Lane Mall

How is a mall getting busier a good thing for anyone other than a store owner at the mall?   :)

Lots of malls around the country have increasing vacancies and some are even shutting down.  If it gets good business that means that it will likely not have vacancies which gives consumers more choices.  Even more stores might open or relocate to places like Nashua if the proposed 25% (from 5% to 6.25%) state sales tax increase for MA is signed by the MA governor.

Brettp76

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 07:16:56 am »

I saw that a supportive MA State legislator referred to it as a 1.25 cent increase, not a 25% tax increase.  ;D

Nashua will benefit economically from the increased traffic from Mass in a number of ways. Jobs, property values, consumer choices will all get some lift even if it's not easy to quantify.   

Additionally, the tax increase will be another "final straw" for liberty friendly people in MA who've probably already considered leaving before.

The FSP is kind of like the put option on Leftist States and the Federal Government. As matters get worse in MA, CA, DC, etc, the FSP and relatively liberty-friendly States like NH and TX become more attractive. We need people to give up (shrug!) on their current State and the US.

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 08:52:32 am »

Pheasant Lane Mall

You're kidding, right?  More jobs, more income for the NH residents who work there, more revenue for the state government (which is deep in a hole)...

Aside from all those reasons, I've observed (and participated, way back in the day) that malls are a very popular hangout for bored teens.  Dump them off, or let them drive themselves there, and they'll happily wander the arcade in little packs, eating Mrs. Fields cookies and sucking down Orange Juliuses, for hours.  Anything that keeps the little hormonal monsters off the streets is a good thing, IMO.
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 08:54:14 am »

I'd be happy to add items to this list, but it looks like there are several sequences of numbers, and items without numbers, going.  Anyone want to consolidate all that?
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up