Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: economist  (Read 2975 times)

Sharpie44

economist
« on: April 12, 2009, 03:59:41 pm »

I’m graduating soon ( under a year if all goes well.) and NH sounds like a nice place to live. I don’t want to live in Ohio anymore anyway so all I need to know is if there is a job market there for my degree. I’m a Labor economist with a minor in management. I also have experience in sales, warehouse work and welding. I can operate all Microsoft office programs and I can also operate statistical analysis programs such as Minitab and SAS. I’m not specifically looking for a job in economics but that would be the best use of my degree. Those student loans will be kicking in 6 mounts after I graduate so the job will have to pay well. Not extremely well but enough to pay the bills.  ;D

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: economist
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 04:41:37 pm »

Start looking now.  I don't know about specific job openings in your field, but I know the NH job market is better than most of the country's right now (not that that's saying much).
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 04:46:33 pm »

Try Seabrook, where I live.  There are good paying degree type jobs around the seacoast if you're willing to consider Maine and even Mass.  While you're looking for one of those jobs, you can keep the resume full with entry level work in within walking distance.  There are literally jobs being offered within a five minute walk of my house, and many more along Route 1.  When Hampton Beach opens up (throughout this month), stores open up and are looking continuously for people.  They can't get enough people to fill the jobs--at least entry level.  Those are also an easy commute.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 06:02:06 pm »

Since you're starting a new life chapter, now's the perfect time to move to NH and help achieve Liberty in Our Lifetime.

Even if you must commute to Mass (under an hour, depending on where you settle), it's still worth it, no? 

Try www.nhjobs.com and peruse some of the employers and job descriptions.  It's not a good way to find a job, but it will get you familiar with the players here and some of the areas.

Consider spending a few days here in late June at the Porcupine Freedom Festival (June 22-28).  See the state, network with hundreds of liberty folks, and try to arrange some job interviews.   www.PorcFest.com
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 08:05:09 pm »

Amesbury and Newburyport are each less than 15 minutes from here.  Boston city limits are about 45 minutes (give or take traffic and lights).  Portland, Maine, is about 25 minutes or so.  However, it's more likely than not that you'll be able to find work on the coast, at least during the summer rush.  It's not just Hampton Beach, there are more tourists coming in, more people moving in, vacationers, and businesses extending their hours from mid-March to about May 1.  This continues until October, when rental prices come way down.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Spice Master

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 07:44:19 am »

Sharpie44,

I know of a possible opening for an entry level economist position with an economic consulting firm in the Concord area later this year.  Post a response if you're still interested and I can email you more details. 

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 11:55:58 am »

Sharpie44,

I know of a possible opening for an entry level economist position with an economic consulting firm in the Concord area later this year.  Post a response if you're still interested and I can email you more details. 

Awesome!  Might be best to send Sharpie a private message in case he isn't checking back on the forum.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up