Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: 15) Health News & Statist Health Threats  (Read 108728 times)

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
Re: Statist Health Endangerment (GMO Extreme Dangers)
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2013, 06:59:15 pm »

As a "real scientist" I disagree, I see mucho crapo on stuff on Dr Mercola's site.  I consider many of the articles on his site as predatory marketing where they imply you need more of something that, not only do you not need more of, most people get too much of already!  It only takes one article like that on a site before I just discount the whole thing.  I've found that the style and methods that Dr Mercola's site uses to convince people to discount regular studies and buy products they endorse are very similar the methods statists use to convert "average joes" to their side.

The amount of negative attention GMO's get specifically is way overblown and shows a serious lack of understanding of how genetics works.  The biggest real concerns for GMOs are mostly environmental.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

Sam Adams

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »

I,m glad you are a scientist.We are as knowledgeable as we have been taught, either through higher education or hands on experience. GMO products have been declared illegal in many nations, half of or all of EU, Japan, mexico[some gmo], half of South America, and many more. They have REAL FDA depts. that do in house experiments, and don,t like what they see. Gene splicing and altering plants DNA esp. in the food supply isn,t a natural scientist I want. Monsanto has lost many lawsuits internationally that we never hear about. Imagine changing the Gene of plants that made their seeds they produce infertile, why do that?  Thats right, so they have to buy your seeds for the next season, vs saving and drying their own. Most countries won,t buy US foods, because of a few things, GMO being one, along with, aspartane sweetener, MSG, High Frutoast Corn Syrup, Arsenic, Antibiotics feed.   Mercola knows what he is talking about.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2013, 11:18:32 am »

Hey, I'm not saying Monsanto is a great company (crony capitalism *cough* *cough*), but quite frankly I trust Monsanto more than the FDA or it's analogs in other nations.  Sterile plants has been a trick for much longer than we've had the tools in the lab to achieve them.  Crosses are often sterile and often produce cultivars with good characteristics.  If you do produce GMO corn for instance, you want the progeny to be sterile.  Otherwise the modified genes can get into the general "wild" gene pool creating an "Enviromental issue" like I mentioned in my previous post.  This also of course helps protect their patents too since it would be difficult to get the GM genes out of their plant if you can't get it to reproduce.

The issue I have with Mercola's site has nothing to do with what I mentioned above.  It's that the articles I have read on there play on people's fear rather than reality.  They never lie, but they take intuitive and often incorrect assumptions about things like health products and imply they are true (or give creedence to an unfounded unteasted theories) in order to get people to buy products.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

TJames

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2013, 01:31:05 pm »

Populous who bash scientist tend to not think critically...

Foods that tend to be genetically are new to the human diet and hardly edible anyway. These foods are only common because of us, so no matter what we do with them we will impact the environment.

People already eat garbage. Products that don't have any negative externalities are being made, and many organic products can survive on their own merit, while many other organic products aid the survival of parasites and trigger allergies.

We evolve to fit our environment, we will evolve to live with GMOs, maybe even individually adapt.
New mutations show up all the time. Most genes don't do anything because they are just evolutionary leftovers. Sometimes we find the same gene still working in a relative, so we take a set of genes from the relative to get the redundant genes to do something, and often they do something that can be sold, but the gene set we have added to has evolved with out the new genes, kind of like a new mutation evolving and being a negative at first before newer mutations help it out. (Welcome to my mind)
Some life forms are more prone to getting new genes and mutations. Viruses really genetically modify between species with out planing.

I'd bet that middle class nerdy westerners will soon have the ability to genetically modify their own house plants and pets and fairgrounds and conventions will have all kinds of interesting specimens. Monsanto may mutate and be like a taime wal mart amongst all the working class competition. Millions of lower and middle class nerds networked internationally with a Silicon Valley style upper class, making safer foods that can work for urban homeless, pats that need less food or can eat garbage, parasite like organisms that make needed drugs instead, cyborg nanobots that protozoa that surround human cells in extreme conditions to protect from cellular parasites and regulate metabolism. Nanotec designed to communicate with brain cells and nerves. Surgery prep nanites. Cells modified to communicate with naites. Bionanites that heal cuts and watch for cancer, or in case of experiments find use for cancers. Computers and cell phones with nano and genetically enhanced brain cells in them. Imagine going into wal mart, an air port, the local mall or any other venue and placing your hands into a biotec computer to get you naotec updated by your favorite healthcare providers. The computer will even communicate with you based on your personality type.
How about people who just find a way to make the same product without patent protecting genes. There would be genes made to prevent reproduction because the product sold may never be the final product, but wouldn't they find better genes latter on. Besides, even the GMOed seeds could be mutated to reproduce.... and it seems even possible for the patented genes to mutate yet still provide the same trait.
In reality government is just a bunch of people doing a bunch of stuff. Government could decide that it is irrelevant a virus mutated some Canadian guys millet crop with genes from a Monsanto seed spill but people were just obeying a judge and the enforcers are the one's who are responsible and we should keep our eyes on them instead. Some one at Monsanto was being a Dick and when if our own businesses have that we should fire that guy.

Not all GMOs produce food. Some are fast growing wood. Some make drugs and medicine. Some are fabric. Some are industrial chemicals and plastic. Maybe some will be useful in mining and organ transplants. Some could help us clean or give us cheap energy.
Just because you say YOU haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. People who hate new technology don't understand it. I'm not a scientist but I outrank you.

"The purpose of GMO companies is likely to maximize profits at people's expense and to monopolize the land so that the common people won't have access to either land or their own seed etc." Profit is a worthy motive. Anything else and I'm left wondering if they are filled with the evils of altruism and all its unintended consequences. If the people lose their land then they are left to make wages insted of haveing to worry about lose. They will be working among scientist and be at the cutting edge of the economy and new technology.
"It would surely be possible for GMO crops to be an improvement for health, if the scientists were not working for corrupt companies."  :P That is very irrational. Everything can kill you and few foods will kill you in large amounts. Like how could organic farmers afford to avoid their crops mutating and giving you cancer. They grow their stuff in dirt. Dirt is made of everything good and everything bad mixed at random. Dirt genetically modifies the stuff growing in it being that much of the dirt is alive. The corrupt companies know what they did with their crops, and when they told you, they missed that they weren't speaking your lingual, and you misinterpreted that as mad scientist intimidation. In reality they are just selling dumbed down products that might make investment money for brilliant works of art when they can focus massive budgets and very advanced technology at... what not.... but they must be Satan because i always thought they were Satan.
"Do you consider patents on plants and animals moral?" Patents can't exist. Reality is stronger than government. We need to shift the focus to specific individuals.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:18:54 pm by TJames »

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2013, 02:31:43 pm »

The U.S. became an imperialist nation under Teddy Roosevelt. Imperialists are largely fascists. The fascists took control of the federal govt about that time and big corporations are part of the fascist system. They took over health care and science for their own purposes. So mainstream science and health care are no longer reliable. Alternative science and health are much more reliable and have less corrupted science.

The upper class, or oligarchs, are largely hereditary groups, similar to nobility, whose family traditions and knowledge of how to increase power are handed down from generation to generation. They favor centralization of power, as through monopolies and big govt. They thrive on corrupting govts.

Alternative science and health care are decentralized and much less prone to corruption.

Mercola is a libertarian. Monsanto is fascist Republicrat.

Sam Adams

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2013, 07:07:26 pm »

Monsanto gave us round-up, and contractually force farmers to use it, or they are sued. The ingredients in Monsantos round-up is also in agent orange. They also supply most of FDA,s  executives and scientist. They have helped mankind in so many ways its unbelievable. They have totally corrupted our Corn, wheat and soy products here. Last I read they are working on sheep. bha bhaa

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2013, 06:21:35 am »

Actually, I think you'll find that the farmers are using seed that is genetically modified to not be affected by Round-Up; thus why they use the Round-Up.

TJames

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2013, 09:27:21 pm »

Luck, there are thousands of people in government and the scientist, soldiers, judges, voters and politicians all have their own intentions that are collectively causing harm because of a failure to communicate.
The scientist would be doing exactly the same thing they are now, and they would be running into the exact same problems. The farmers are saving money by growing someone else crops, so they follow the rules that would exist in a free market.
But Midwest farms are a good example of neglected fascism... The farmer owns his land but is subsidized by the government if he follows some set of regulations. His land would belong to a more efficient mega farm in a free market, but instead politicians feels like there would be no food if they didn't dump money on cheap farmers and Monsanto is just the science project of some politicians brilliant nephew who doesn't think much about politics. You also might want to remember that politicians are connected to the best schools, so some will know the best scientist and businessmen. Monsanto is just a cutting edge corporation. Scientist are just scientist.
Corporations are evolving to avoid government control. Even after people realize government does not exist, they will still keep some institutions, they will just change structure.

"The upper class, or oligarchs, are largely hereditary groups, similar to nobility, whose family traditions and knowledge of how to increase power are handed down from generation to generation. They favor centralization of power, as through monopolies and big govt. They thrive on corrupting govts."
You are a crazy person. We are all related to "evil" people. A person is a person. The most intelligent among us know how these "hereditary groups" think, but you don't. Know you enemy, Luck. The nobility comes through the education system, NOT FAMILIES! But even the education system is just a bunch of normal people.

Alternative science and health care is full of pseudoscience, tradition, an ignorant and isolated consumer base. Mainstream science is held back by lazy fascist and bosses who go by the legal codes. The kids in the labs brake rules all the time but the alternative lack data and resources anyway and the kids and teachers there are less disciplined. I know I've made some generalizations but i have been in alternative markets and seen altruistic corruption.
The government isn't very centralized, it's falling apart just like religion and traditionalism. Scientist are not centralized. Scientist are very competitive and they would work for you if you would paid them. (I'm have been told a freestater open carried at a business that was hired by a town government to offer suggestions on how to use land. He was trying to investigate some UN stuff, it is possible to have a gun and no authority.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:21:39 am by TJames »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Statist Health Endangerment (Institutional Corruption of Pharmaceuticals)
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »

How Vaccine Policy & Law Threatens Parental Rights in America
Revealed - the fear, hype, and politics that have polarized this debate, and the sad stories of youth whose lives are cut short or changed forever from doing the norm. See this documentary for free today - so your circle of loved ones might be spared from the worst.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/16.aspx

The Promise of Adult Stem Cells in Disease Management, Anti-Aging, and Life Extension
These powerful cells regenerate damaged tissues and organs inside your body, but become dysfunctional with age. A new technique may amplify them by a million times or more, making it one of the most promising techniques in the field of radical life extension.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/17.aspx

The Top 11 Benefits of Sex
Are you looking for a purely enjoyable way to boost your health and feel better inside and out? Try having more sex!
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/18.aspx

Win or Lose, State GMO Labeling Initiatives Are Changing the Game
This mistake made by millions depletes your health one bite at a time. Please avoid these dangerous foods, unless you want to suffer from their hidden costs which are only discovered too late. Consider this refreshing healthy alternative today.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/19.aspx

Chocolate Better for Your Teeth Than Fluoride
Brushing your teeth with ‘chocolate toothpaste’ may protect your teeth better than conventional fluoride-based toothpastes.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/19.aspx

FDA Sued, Forced to Remove Safety Status on Trans Fats
A 98-year-old heart disease researcher with 60 years of study files a lawsuit against the FDA and its cohorts. So finally, it seems they may be on the brink of reversing their long-standing position - which can only mean good things for your heart health. Details inside.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/20.aspx

Nanoparticles in Tattoos May Cause Cancer
The inks used in many tattoos contain potentially cancer-causing ultramicroscopic nanoparticles that may easily travel throughout your body.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/20.aspx

American Meat—An Inside Look at Sustainable Farming in America
Raised in unsanitary and crowded conditions and a stunning 23% contamination rate of Salmonella, this is like playing with fire. Also linked to the rise in antibiotic resistant urinary tract infections. What you don't know about this menace really can hurt you. Be in the know today.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/23.aspx

The Media’s Profound Ignorance About Nutrition Misses the Mark Yet Again
Referred to as useless when it comes to preventing heart disease and/or cancer, how can they explain the fact one study found it increased cancer-free survival rates by 77%, and just one 500mg dose could spare 216,000 lives each year? Get the real facts here.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/25.aspx

The Environmental Costs of Corn-Based Ethanol
American farmers are converting everything from environmentally valuable grasslands into cornfields. And doing so is creating an environmental disaster of staggering proportions. All for a failed experiment that's not delivering on its promises.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/26.aspx

Mercury Studies Censored by Industry Leaders
Two dental publications removed important articles on mercury toxicity following a “big complaint” from a leading mercury-filling manufacturer.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/26.aspx

New Cholesterol Treatment Guidelines Could Double the Number of People on Dangerous Statins—Including Perfectly Healthy People [AS USUAL]
Over 900 studies prove their adverse effects, including an increased cancer risk. With 1 in 4 Americans over 45 already taking them, these drug companies want TWICE as many people on them. And they've devised a crafty way to get your doctor to help them do it.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/27.aspx

Institutional Corruption of Pharmaceuticals and the Drug Safety Myth
Consequences of this "fad": An estimated 440,000 preventable hospital deaths each year and millions of adverse reactions. Should you be complacent just because it's "legal" and therefore supposedly legitimate? Not if your life could be on the line.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/newsletter-archive/2013/11/30.aspx

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2013, 08:49:15 pm »

Corruption in Government and Health Care
Conventional science is full of pseudoscience. And big corporations own politicians. Don't you know how campaigns are financed? And do you think Corp execs don't know how to manipulate politics for their own benefit? They've controlled elections since Teddy Roosevelt or before. Conventional science is taught in govt-controlled conventional education. Mercola was a conventional doctor working for pharmaceutical companies, until he found out that the products he was promoting were actually dangerous. Same goes for many top alternative doctors. They've seen the corruption in the established system and have turned against it. There is no free market at the national and state levels. It's all monopoly fascist capitalism.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:59:46 pm by Luck »

Sam Adams

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:53 pm »

Lets all come clean here. Who is on prescription drugs in the FSP? I,m not saying living on chemicals effects things or anything. But it won,t hurt to collect the info of who medicated around us.  Many blood pressure and heart drugs block your C0Q10 which will kill you sooner than imagined. Big dick pills cause blood clots, diabetes pills harden your arteries...  If the FDA and their partners are destroying your mind and mental and physical health, tell the FSP, that ypu are under chemical drugs and treatments, and are or may not be normal.         Hint, only take homeopathic advice ???  I,ve lost 6 friends from cancer in the last year and this is getting ridiculous.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2013, 01:46:16 pm »

How can the FDA be destroying you? Since it largely blocks items that can be sold.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2013, 08:47:24 am »

The FDA only blocks treatments that don't provide huge potential profits for the big drug companies whose agents run the FDA. They rubber stamp any dangerous drugs that these companies submit for FDA approval. So it's quite simple to see how the FDA is allowing the manslaughter of hundreds of thousands of people per year via highly dangerous drugs. Allopathic medicine was given virtual monopoly control of health care in the states in the early 1900s under false pretenses and the allopathic medical schools, I've heard, are owned by the major drug companies. Monopolies are not the Free Market.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2013, 01:02:49 pm »

So the FDA is only blocking drugs produced in a big lab and submitted at very large expense for approval; and your upset that home remedies don't seek that approval?

Sam Adams

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2013, 05:50:49 pm »

So the FDA is only blocking drugs produced in a big lab and submitted at very large expense for approval; and your upset that home remedies don't seek that approval?

John, your statement sounds double loaded or double negative. Your a Good politician, we all like politicians?? "FDA only blocks drugs in a big lab and submitted at very large expense."  After you have done some investagation, you would normally say, Wow, FDA fast tracts all or most Big Pharma Drugs and makes all others good through 7 years of and millions of $$ of testing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Up