Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative to full immigration: Become a PT  (Read 5835 times)

gu3st

• FSP Participant
  • Voluntaryist
Alternative to full immigration: Become a PT
« on: February 25, 2009, 06:49:34 pm »

Finally, an update to the FSI site (sorry I haven't been so actively working on it as it seemed I would initially, I tend to work in impulses and that impulse kinda passed, and I have other online projects which are a priority).

So.. the idea is to become a permanent tourist. If you can't immigrate legally and fully then this might be the next best thing, unless you would suffice with the alternative of just staying stale in your old country as their respect for your liberty deteriorates. Becoming a PT is liberating in itself, but by combining your permanent tourism with periodic stays in New Hampshire you kinda get the best of both worlds. You get to see people in NH at least two times a year, participating in events, socializing, cooperating on projects etc. and you get to travel the world, and run a portable business at that.

Anyway, I wrote about it here: http://freestatersinternational.com/tips/become-pt and the idea came from http://sovereignlife.com

This is a "backup plan" I'm seriously considering for myself.

Feel free to share what you think.

Cheers

tommasino

Re: Alternative to full immigration: Become a PT
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 01:42:26 pm »

I'm from France and getting the permanent visa seems quite difficult for me, I'm already a permanent tourist, but I also think that getting the US citizenship is essential for the project...

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 02:05:50 pm »

That would be an excellent way of getting here.  Even if you can only drop by twice a year to help out, you're still doing a lot for liberty, and you get to enjoy the benefits of freedom here in New Hampshire.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

TroilusGreen

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:09:29 pm »

Well, while being a voting resident of NH will require you have U.S. citizenship, that WILL throw a wrench in your capacity to act as a PT, since the U.S. taxes citizens regardless of their residency.

teemuv

• http://en.teemuvalimaki.fi/
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:43:10 am »

To my knowledge under Visa Waiver Program you are not allowed to work. What you can do is to be in USA for three months and that's it. Now if you have the capital to simply be three months at a time then it's great. However if you can actually legally work in the three months.. count me in!

Idea: have a big enough place for two people at the same time to stay in NH for three months with a decent rent. After three months the tenant would change for another three months and so on. This would bring money and people to NH. I would be interested of this type of possibility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything