Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Submit tips, groups or events to Free Staters International  (Read 15104 times)

gu3st

• FSP Participant
  • Voluntaryist
Submit tips, groups or events to Free Staters International
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:12:36 pm »

Since we now have a forum for international participants I thought it may be a good idea to have a thread which briefly links to where immigration related tips, international FSP groups or events can be submitted. In order to submit you first have to register. You can register here. This is mostly to prevent spam and allow for proper identification and credit for submissions.

Submit a tip - http://freestatersinternational.com/submit/tip

Immigration tips are any useful information or advice that you may know or find that could help someone outside of USA immigrate. This can be fairly broad so it doesn't necessarily have to involve visas, but could also involve such tips as how to best adapt to a particular aspect of New Hampshire culture, where could internationals have best chances of getting a job, what about immigrating entrepreneurs and so on. Of course, I suspect tips on how to actually immigrate will be emphasized since none else really matters if you can't even get to US.

The "tips:" field is for tags (terms which relate to what you're posting about).

Submit a group - http://freestatersinternational.com/submit/group

If you are a part of a formal or informal group of free staters outside of USA you can submit it here so it is known. It doesn't really matter how big, how active or what does a group usually do so long as it's free staters (perhaps also including some FSP friends or sympathizers) and is outside of US, albeit I wouldn't necessarily mind US groups registering if you really want to.

Just enter name of group (which can be either anything you came up with or something to just identify it like "german FSP group", select number of members range, tags, in which country it is and a description with any other details you may want to share.

Submit an event - http://freestatersinternational.com/submit/event

If you're planning to have an event for others in your country or locale or even international (basically anything that is not just US specific) you can submit it here. If it's a group holding it which you already submit above you can even use this form to link this event to that group. So just enter event name, tags, when is it going to be (you can also select if it's repeated), where it's gonna be in the place field and a description with other details you may wish to put in.

And that's it. Now if you prefer to make certain submissions in this thread rather than using the form (for whatever reason) you can post below too. I will check it out and then fill out the form myself if necessary. Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Thanks!

PS to mods: Perhaps this topic could be stickified. :)

EDIT: I may be switching servers within this month so the FSI site may be moved in that time. If the site seems sluggish sometimes that's part of the reason why I'm moving, just FYI. :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:35:49 pm by gu3st »

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Submit tips, groups or events to Free Staters International
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 05:56:49 pm »

Awesome!  It's now a sticky.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

gu3st

• FSP Participant
  • Voluntaryist
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 06:10:33 pm »

Thanks! :) Also posted a related blog entry.

Ferg

• FSP Participant
    • Pelican Institute for Public Policy
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 06:46:59 pm »

My guess is that most of these international free staters do not know other porcs in their area. (There may be another FSP member in my city, but how would I know? Last time I looked, there were seven in NZ.)

Perhaps there is a way for your site to link-up international members. How about we identify our city on your site,  seek a leader/organizer in each nation/region, and then give them the emails of the other local members?

I am flying to Calgary tomorrow, and I suspect that a few FSP members live there, so when I arrive, I'll post a note on your site.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 07:44:36 pm by Ferg »

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 07:26:04 pm »

Thanks! :) Also posted a related blog entry.

I put your blog entry on the front page.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

gu3st

• FSP Participant
  • Voluntaryist
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 07:50:00 pm »

My guess is that most of these international free staters do not know other porcs in their area. (There may be another FSP member in my city, but how would I know? Last time I looked, there were seven in NZ.)

Perhaps there is a way for your site to link-up international members. How about we identify our city on your site,  seek a leader/organizer in each nation/region, and then give them the emails of the other local members?

I am flying to Calgary tomorrow, and I suspect that a few FSP members live there, so when I arrive, I'll post a note on your site.

Good ideas. I've just added a couple of new profile fields which can be filled out either during or after registration; country and city. So every registered member can view other members and see from which city they are.

I'll see if I can make it possible to search for users by city or country. Might play with that tomorrow.

Though that's just for starts. I like the idea of further linking up users. This drupal software I'm using for the site is pretty flexible and I think there are modules to achieve something like you're suggesting, basically having groups of users within the actual site which have special access to each other while others outside of that group don't.

I put your blog entry on the front page.

Thanks. :)

Simon Jester

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Peas: Don't hate them because they're round
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 04:29:17 pm »

Once my husband gets a job here, he's thinking about writing a book about getting a job in the US for immigrants. There are a lot of things he could have done that we didn't know about that would have made the whole thing a lot easier for a foreigner.

(he immigrated from Finland btw, and is half the Finnish contingent. The other half is a friend of his who visited here and loved it :))
It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 04:37:26 pm »

(he immigrated from Finland btw, and is half the Finnish contingent. The other half is a friend of his who visited here and loved it :))
50% of all FSP members from Finland have moved!!
And 100% of them LOVE NH!!

Simon Jester

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Peas: Don't hate them because they're round
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 02:49:29 pm »

Yep! It sounds great when you put it in statistics :) He's trying to get other friends of his to move, but a few have chosen Ireland. It's easier for them to get to since it's in the EU.
It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

teemuv

• http://en.teemuvalimaki.fi/
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 01:52:44 pm »

50% of all FSP members from Finland have moved!!
And 100% of them LOVE NH!!
As I'm from Finland I'd like to learn how their immigration process went and what they actually did. Sure, the Internet is full of information, but it'd be nice to hear some personal experiences. Do you happen to have contacts to share with me?

Phil_in_Belgium

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 07:04:24 am »

the Website is offline. I hope it isn't permanent
Phil

gu3st

• FSP Participant
  • Voluntaryist
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 07:17:12 pm »

the Website is offline. I hope it isn't permanent

It got hit hard by spam bots and I haven't had time to work on it. I'm gonna clean up the spam comments (there's 20 pages of them) and then harden antispam measures and I'll open it back up. I probably wont have time to work on it still, but at least what info is still there will be available and people can submit more if they'd like to.

As for my move... I'm likely coming for a visit on Porcfest 2011, and then we'll see. :)

freedomroad

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 05:48:01 pm »

This website is down longer around so I removed the sticky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything