Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Housing in Keene  (Read 5823 times)

AidaB

Looking for Housing in Keene
« on: November 12, 2008, 03:22:03 pm »

Hi,
My name is Aida and I am a free stater who moved to Nashua from Washington state in mid July. I have decided that Nashua is not for me and would really like to move to Keene sometime soon. I am going to be applying to Keene State College soon and would like to live as close to the college as possible. Hopefully I will have enough money to move in January or February and I just thought that it would be a good idea to see if any free staters (or liberty minded individuals) have any property for rent in Keene.

Thanks
Aida Burgos

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Looking for Housing in Keene
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:24:20 pm »

Hi,
My name is Aida and I am a free stater who moved to Nashua from Washington state in mid July. I have decided that Nashua is not for me and would really like to move to Keene sometime soon. I am going to be applying to Keene State College soon and would like to live as close to the college as possible. Hopefully I will have enough money to move in January or February and I just thought that it would be a good idea to see if any free staters (or liberty minded individuals) have any property for rent in Keene.

Thanks
Aida Burgos

Welcome.
You might want to post on FreeKeene.com
also check out porcmanor.com
I 'heard' that a new 'Porc Manor' might be had in the next 2-3 months there.

AidaB

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:27:23 pm »

Hi,

Thanks
Aida Burgos

Welcome.
You might want to post on FreeKeene.com
also check out porcmanor.com

Thanks, I wasn't really sure about the best places to post.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 03:38:46 pm »

You posted in the right place  :).  The FreeKeene forum just might be a bit more specialized for your needs.

Don't forget to go to their "Social Sundays" event to get to know your porcupine neighbors.

Btw, I just sent you an e-mail (if you're wondering who that's from). 
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 08:33:02 pm »

Welcome ! ;D

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 08:46:33 am »

About 2 weeks actually, if Marlboro counts, 5 miles East of Keene. I've been hired as on-site property manager for a porc manor that's 95% likely to open its doors Dec 1st. There will be four large rooms available for rent in a roomy house with a den, dining room, and recreation area. At first, the rooms won't be furnished but I'm looking to remedy that quickly. Don't know exact rents yet but they'll probably be in the $500 to $600 range with utilities, cable tv, a shared house computer, and wifi all included. As I said, it's about 95% likely right now. I'll keep people updated.

I'm aiming to make this a fun hang-out spot for porcs, so if you're looking for a really private and quiet place, it may not be your thing. On the other hand, if you're moving here to be with porcs and want to enjoy a lot of socializing and synergy with local activists, this may be ideal. The rooms will have separate locks and the upstairs will be off limits to all but tenants and their personal guests so I do aim to provide a degree of privacy. In any case, month-to-month and even week-to-week or crash space can be arranged, so if you find it doesn't suit you, you can at least have a temporary port of call from which to look at apts and make more long-term arrangements.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 10:55:21 am »

About 2 weeks actually, if Marlboro counts, 5 miles East of Keene. I've been hired as on-site property manager for a porc manor that's 95% likely to open its doors Dec 1st. There will be four large rooms available for rent in a roomy house with a den, dining room, and recreation area. At first, the rooms won't be furnished but I'm looking to remedy that quickly. Don't know exact rents yet but they'll probably be in the $500 to $600 range with utilities, cable tv, a shared house computer, and wifi all included. As I said, it's about 95% likely right now. I'll keep people updated.

I'm aiming to make this a fun hang-out spot for porcs, so if you're looking for a really private and quiet place, it may not be your thing. On the other hand, if you're moving here to be with porcs and want to enjoy a lot of socializing and synergy with local activists, this may be ideal. The rooms will have separate locks and the upstairs will be off limits to all but tenants and their personal guests so I do aim to provide a degree of privacy. In any case, month-to-month and even week-to-week or crash space can be arranged, so if you find it doesn't suit you, you can at least have a temporary port of call from which to look at apts and make more long-term arrangements.

+10

AidaB

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 12:55:03 pm »

Wow, that sounds great. I would prefer to live within Keene since I like to walk to work and/or school but this is too good to pass up. The rent seems reasonable too when you consider that everything would be included. I wouldn't be able to move until after Christmas but I am definitely interested. Send me a PM if you think that we can work something out. 

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 07:36:14 pm »

Just get back in touch with me when you're getting close to moving and I'll have a better idea of the status. I doubt the whole place will fill up in a month.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 09:36:03 pm »

This is great news about a new PorcManor West.  We're covering the state from end to end.  Next stop, Berlin!
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

TEBON

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 09:52:22 pm »

land is so cheap up there there could be a ton of porc manors.  I've been told there's some paper smell still however.

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 10:11:18 pm »

land is so cheap up there there could be a ton of porc manors.  I've been told there's some paper smell still however.

I haven't been to Berlin since the last mill closed, but I did talk to a Berlin resident a few weeks back.  He said the smell is gone.  I suppose it's possible he's just gotten used to it, but he said it's gone FWIW.

TEBON

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 10:24:43 pm »

well, a $70k colonial sounds pretty good to me. . . except when I live there it'll be $5 an hour to work.  The only other thing stopping me from Berlin is the new prison.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 12:17:49 am »

people are gunna love the porc hangout in Keene east .... I mean Marlborough
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 05:29:42 pm »

Well, the plans for PorcManor Marlborough have fallen through for now, unfortunately.  I hear the buyer is looking at other options.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything