Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experienced Tutor Available, Manchester/Southern NH  (Read 7930 times)

AncapAgency

• FSP Participant
  • First 1000 Member--MOVED!
    • The Ancap Agency
Experienced Tutor Available, Manchester/Southern NH
« on: September 13, 2008, 08:17:10 pm »

Experienced tutor available for the following subjects:

English, Reading, Composition, Literature
History, US, European, Ancient, Medieval
Science, Biology, Environmental Science
Philosophy (History of, Epistemology, Moral Philosophy, Political Philosophy)
Economics (Micro, Macro, Austrian)
Arithmetic, Basic Math, Consumer Math
Outdoor Skills, Survival Skills, Map and Compass Skills, Wilderness First Aid

I have tutored at all levels, from pre-K to University/Adult Student level.
I am experienced with gifted students and with ADD/ADHD students.

Flexible hours, payment negotiable, flexible locations. Also available for home scholars during the day, and open to many learning styles (e.g. unschooling, etc.) References available upon request.
The Ancap Agency  http://www.ancapagency.com

Resources - Solutions - Alternatives

Mediation--Casual Labor--Security Consulting--Firearms Training--General Services

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
Re: Experienced Tutor Available, Manchester/Southern NH
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:21:56 pm »

If you were to create a hands on class for adults teaching the all the outdoor skills, what would that look like as far as class size, price and length.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:23:38 pm »

If you were to create a hands on class for adults teaching the all the outdoor skills, what would that look like as far as class size, price and length.

I'd be interested in that.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

AncapAgency

• FSP Participant
  • First 1000 Member--MOVED!
    • The Ancap Agency
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:47:06 pm »

I tend to tailor my classes pretty often--it would depend on what folks wanted, and how long they wanted to meet, etc.

For example, if someone just wanted to learn, let's say, map and compass skills, I'd probably set that up as a two part class--1 part "classroom" for maybe 1/2 hr to 1 hr, depending on the level of grounding in the fundamentals the student had.  Then I'd do a second part as a practical, which would be perhaps 2 hrs (but depending on the student, could be less or much more) of just using the skills outside a bit. 

But to set up just a basic outdoor skills and survival class without tailoring it to the students, and thus treating all as if they didn't have much in the way of the basics, I'd say class size not more than 10 people. Length--I would do probably a 1 day basic class, perhaps 5 to 8 hours long.  Price--that's negotiable.  Of the top of my head, depending upon having the location available, and so forth, I'd say $100/per person. 

Since I've got two folks who seem interested, I could start putting together a lesson plan for a basic class, and perhaps post that and see if folks would be interested--sound good?
The Ancap Agency  http://www.ancapagency.com

Resources - Solutions - Alternatives

Mediation--Casual Labor--Security Consulting--Firearms Training--General Services

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 10:01:39 am »

That sounds great. I think a full day class would be awesome. An hour or so in the classroom or however long it takes and the rest of the day actually navigating. Could do something where we start at point A and have to navigate a few hours of wilderness to a way point and then on from there to the destination? Maybe a couple of way points and end up back at the beginning?

We could even have a fun competition where team 1 heads out for way point A and circles around. Team 2 leaves from the same starting area but heads for way point D going the other direction. Race to the finish. This might be really cool up north a little ways in the next couple of weeks. Combine a learning experience with some exercise and leaf peeping.  :D
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up