Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: $10/month for the FSP  (Read 13270 times)

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
$10/month for the FSP
« on: July 21, 2008, 03:06:51 pm »

The FSP needs a steady/reliable source of revenue in order to plan and support day-to-day operations, recruiting/marketing actions, etc.  Towards alleviating this need, a pledge has been setup, asking for individuals to donate $10/month to the FSP for a year, if 99 others do so.  The FSP is run entirely by un-paid volunteers, so all donations are going to the project (not someone's pocket).  Especially if you can't support the project with time, please support it with money.

Visit http://www.pledgebank.com/10forFSP for more info and to sign up. I have.
   -Rich
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: $10/month for the FSP
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 04:13:25 pm »

The FSP needs a steady/reliable source of revenue in order to plan and support day-to-day operations, recruiting/marketing actions, etc.  Towards alleviating this need, a pledge has been setup, asking for individuals to donate $10/month to the FSP for a year, if 99 others do so.  The FSP is run entirely by un-paid volunteers, so all donations are going to the project (not someone's pocket).  Especially if you can't support the project with time, please support it with money.

Visit http://www.pledgebank.com/10forFSP for more info and to sign up. I have.
   -Rich
He said it better than me.

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 11:55:48 am »

Bump

frankwtodd

• FSP Participant
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus!
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:00:58 pm »

OK, I'm in. Do you do a monthly draft? Or do I have to try and remember. :o
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 06:55:42 am »

Yup, on the donate page (http://www.freestateproject.org/donate), you'd select the option to auto-pay $10/month, so no, you wouldn't have to worry about doing it each month.
--
Rich Goldman

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 07:30:25 am »

Where do we find the minutes from past board meetings?  Can we designate what expenditures we want to fund?  Is the membership list available for rent when the board approves of the renter?  Has the membership list been cleared of the listings that can't be contacted?  Has the board approved a table and presence at the Rally For The Republic event in St. Paul?

Thanks

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 07:15:16 pm »

Where do we find the minutes from past board meetings?  Can we designate what expenditures we want to fund?  Is the membership list available for rent when the board approves of the renter?  Has the membership list been cleared of the listings that can't be contacted?  Has the board approved a table and presence at the Rally For The Republic event in St. Paul?

Thanks

Here are the meeting minutes:
http://freestateproject.org/about/bod_minutes

I don't see any recent ones.

I will be putting a chip in to help pay for the flyers and the booth at the Rally for The Republic. (I will put it up next week)
These will be funds used SOLELY to get more Ron Paul Patriots to NH (just like what we did at the Ron Paul Rally in DC).
I did forward the message regarding a table at the Rally to the board. 
I am getting 2 carloads (more if people want) to go the the Rally in St Paul.

The questions about the lists I can't answer as I am not on the board.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 08:38:26 pm »

There are only 6 people willing to do this? ???
I understand that some people are poor but 6? :'(

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 12:15:53 am »

In my experience, people seem to be a lot more generous with their time than money. Ask people to show up somewhere (e.g., a move-in party), you get a dozen volunteers; ask them to donate the dollar equivalent of that time, and maybe one or two will.

shyfrog

• FSP Participant
  • Fear is the foundation of most governments
    • Shyfrog Media
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 01:33:21 am »

I signed it via facebook... needs more exposure than just here in the forums.

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 06:35:09 am »

Some quick ideas:
Can this be put in the FSP homepage spotlight?

This should be promoted at all the NH Porc group meetings and local groups (I'll be emailing the mid-atlantic soon)

It's been awhile since a Presidential email has gone out discussing the status and current initiative(s) of the project..  Perhaps if you talk with Irena she can write one and include this in it.
--
Rich Goldman

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 02:21:16 pm »

I'm getting a better return on my investments with the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign, The Campaign For Liberty, The Rally For The Republic, and handing out copies of The Revolution; A Manifesto...

Not to mention that I've always advocated for more powerful and bigger "buses"...
The FSP hierarchy has always left much to be desired IMHO even back to the days of Elizabeth and her tirades...
More recently an experienced member of the Freedom and Liberty Movement was denied a spot on the board with the official reason being "inexperience"?!?!?!

Furthermore, I've been sincerely disappointed in the incredible amount of philosophically immature FSP members to include Jason Sorens who has more recently stated that he favors "some" "state" and, therefore..."some" aggression/force/fraud...

And he isn't the only one...

Then there are those FSPers who advocate for tying a woman up and restraining her physically for up to nine months to prevent her from exercising complete control, authority, and jurisdiction over HER OWN BODY...and of all the places for us to find out they thought this way it was at the "Liberty Forum 2007"...

Go figure...

I don't have any reservations about repelling, destroying, and eliminating...

You're either with the looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries...
Or you're with US...

You can't have it both ways forever...
Sooner or later you're going to get "called to the carpet"...

The time to change(if you so desire) is right now...cease, desist, and quit...everyone leaves everyone else alone...
Because during the "call to the carpet" you'll be "vetted" through the viewfinder on the periscope...
Where the decision on whether or not to launch the torpedoes will be made...
Without your input at that time...your history will dictate your future...

Enjoy!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 06:43:24 pm »

Then there are those FSPers who advocate for tying a woman up and restraining her physically for up to nine months to prevent her from exercising complete control, authority, and jurisdiction over HER OWN BODY...and of all the places for us to find out they thought this way it was at the "Liberty Forum 2007"...

I guess I missed that thread.

There are FSPers who advocate all sorts of things.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 06:44:57 pm »

In my experience, people seem to be a lot more generous with their time than money. Ask people to show up somewhere (e.g., a move-in party), you get a dozen volunteers; ask them to donate the dollar equivalent of that time, and maybe one or two will.

And what about the 8000 people not in NH?

Also remember I keep hearing that we can get rid of the state because people will VOLUNTEER their money.
Just wondering.

We also have a chip in on the front page dedicated to funding sending FSPers out to St Paul to recruit at the Campaign for Liberty.
See the front page.

MengerFan

• FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 06:57:03 pm »

People are much more willing to part with their money when they know what they are getting for it. This is likely why you observe that people are more generous with their time rather than money. If you are doing something, you will typically know what it is you are doing. It is definitely much easier to get people to donate money when it results in placing their name on a plaque, such as on a building, than for something less tangible such as a scholarship fund.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up