Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What towns have the most active homeschool groups, co-ops, etc?  (Read 7928 times)

beechrose

The NHHomeschoolers site says there are nearly 5000 homeschooled children in the state of New Hampshire, but it had less than a couple dozen support groups listed and no co-ops.  Here in Miami, there are over a dozen support groups and several homeschool co-ops and sports organizations.  My son is an only child and an extrovert :) and when we move in a year, we'll need to connect with the local homeschooling community as much as possible.  Which towns/areas have the most active, thriving homeschooling communities?

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: What towns have the most active homeschool groups, co-ops, etc?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 01:00:32 pm »

Wow, no one's responded.

I don't know the answer, but I'm sure someone does.  Have you found any information on this yet, beechrose?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 01:24:35 pm »

I would say that we don't have a lot of homeschool support groups because we don't need them.  ;D
I mean, in other states you need them to help fight battles against statist policies - not needed as often or as much here.

Whatever community you land in, there'll be homeschoolers there almost for certain.

I know Margot homeschools her 4 daughters in Epsom. I thought Renee was homeschooling in Northwood. Joe and Denise will be homeschooling in Northwood. I know there's some here in Deerfield, but not Free Staters. I think there's some in Nottingham. I'd love to see more Porcupine families move in to this area.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 05:01:05 pm »

Which towns/areas have the most active, thriving homeschooling communities?

http://nhhr.dimentech.com/orgnh.html

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 05:53:53 pm »

Renee was over today to help with our roadside cleanup.  She homeschooled her oldest daughter now 20, but does not
homeschool her 2 younger children.  We have a number of homeschoolers in our area.  Primarily in the Portsmouth-Dover-
Rochester area.

Suzanne knows many of the homeschoolers in our area, she is the assistant organizer at http://libertyforum.meetup.com/5/
A good number of our homeschoolser are not associated with a homeschooling organization per say, most perfer unschooling.

Dawn homeschools her girls in Westmoreland (Keene area).
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 09:31:20 am »

Could anyone pass Dawn Lincolns contact info along to beechrose?  I don't have it, but I bet she would know.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 09:48:02 am »

In the Keene area ... there is one group that was started and still revolves around many FSP movers.

The NH homeschooler group that you looked up has at least one person in its leadership that is anti-FSP ... but the average homeschooler family is much closer to our values. :)

There are lots of homeschoolers all over the state. Most freestaters that move are among them.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 09:50:20 am »

Here in Miami, there are over a dozen support groups and several homeschool co-ops and sports organizations.
you do realize that Miami has more people than all of NH many times over ... right?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything