Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Porcfest newbies looking for campsite  (Read 5877 times)

aod318

• Who Dares Wins!
    • Welcome to The Field!
2 Porcfest newbies looking for campsite
« on: April 09, 2008, 01:16:09 pm »

Hello All,
First Porcfest for my buddy and me.  We are driving up and plan to arrive June 8th in the evening and leave June 15th in the morning.  Hoping to minimize costs and join up with someone who has a site at Gunstock.  Also, having never been, I am open to advice and information.
Thanks.

Erik
efreem2@alumni.umbc.edu
I will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of life, liberty, and property.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
Re: 2 Porcfest newbies looking for campsite
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:45:55 am »

I am relinquishing my excellent campsite location in favor of staying in a nearby cottage.
The site is Poplar Field 5 and it is in the "party/social" area of the campground, near the Sakal/CAI fun tent.  The location is very convenient to the lodge/activities area and to rest rooms and showers.  The site has water and electric hook-ups.  The cost is $210 for the week.  You can pay me for it directly; otherwise I'll cancel it with Gunstock and it will go back into the general pool and may get assigned to a non-Porc.

The cottage has space for an additional 2-3 persons if anyone is interested.  It's 8.5 miles away, about 17 minutes by car, on the shore of Lake Winnipesaukee.  It has 4 beds and a kitchen.  Rent for the week is $825 divided by the number of nights/people.  It's a great deal!  No pets or indoor smoking.

There is another cottage nearby for rent, but ONLY Saturday through Saturday; you have to be out by noon on the 14th.  It's $650 for the week.  Call Sharla at 603-455-5245 to reserve.

For more info email mwarden@freestateproject.org

I also know of a good source of pop-up campers that can be delivered and setup on your site for $400-600 for the week.  It's a good option for those without tents.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 12:41:08 pm »

There's another Alt Expo site available on Poplar Field as well. All of those are electric and water equipped. Let me know if you want it. It's the last full site available in our pool though I know several people who will split their sites with you. I hear there's plenty of room for a couple of tents on a site and Gunstock allows up to four adults.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:29:28 pm »

Make sure you bring all the regular camping gear:  tent, sleeping bag and pad, bug spray, flashlight, toothbrush, hiking shoes, rain gear.  There's a small convenience store on site at the campground with limited merchandise and limited hours, although you're only 15 minutes by car from a town with Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, grocery stores, etc.  You can cook your own food on a fire pit or a little gas stove if you have that equipment.

You guys are going to have a blast!  We look forward to showing your the Free State.

Mark Warden
Porcupine Realtor
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:30:58 am »

UPDATE: 3/4 of the remaining site is occupied now. I can now split my own site, P11 which has water and electric and is on Poplar field.

http://anarchyinyourhead.com/contact
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything