Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the foreign concern.  (Read 2315 times)

VinceSinclaire

• No personal text.
    • Myspace.
the foreign concern.
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:47:14 am »

I honestly don't get it.

Don't get mad at me for this ^^"
Since it's just my opinion.

People in the US typically really annoy me because of our bizarre need to alter everybody else to our own standards.
Even though the US without the constitution as it's becoming, sucks (IMO).

There's a thing called Red Hand Day.
Now, there are some things the US intervenes in publicly, some things done (publicly also or privately if its by a group? idk) by groups of people IN the US.
What Red Hand Day is, is an Amnesty day set up for African countries (as I get it - I could only hear so much since my classes are loud as hell) that have child soldiers.
The Red Hands are signed and say "please stop this," in our own annoying way.
Basically I think we just wasted a bunch of paper and paint.
I know it's HORRIBLE, right? to have kid soldiers, eleven, twelve?

I dont care, and that sounds bad.
here's the thing.
its their own culture, not ours.
They dont hardly live to be thirty in some countries, for instance.
but we dont try to change that. instead, we try to change something that's been part of their culture for god knows how long.
I hate that about the US. Maybe its other countries too, since I havent looked into it.

But that just bothers the hell out of me.

I mean it sucks,
but like I said, its culture. Its the same as someone sending annoying signatures here all the time saying, hey, we think its completely jackassed of you to have soldiers, period, because we don't. please stop it, now.

just little things annoy me i guess :P

your opinion?

~Trist.
"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul ftw!

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
Re: the foreign concern.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 12:28:13 pm »

Yes, it would be nice if we would "first pull the beam out of our own eye". Then perhaps we could see clearly to mind our own business.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up