Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 thinking about it...  (Read 6661 times)

JosephCHart

2 thinking about it...
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:27:33 pm »

My girlfriend and I just started researching and thinking about FSP.

Our basic concerns is jobs.  I'm a SignMaker and my girlfriend is in the Safety Industry(like OSHA type stuff) but she can do anykind of secretarial work.

Another main concern would living quarters.  I wouldnt mind a small 1 bedroom apartment.  Is there a particular area where yall live?  Closer to freedom lovers closer to freedom :P

My last issue is leaving my current dealer, but that Ill figure out eventually.  Hehe

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: 2 thinking about it...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:39:22 pm »

Welcome!
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 12:20:22 am »

Deerfield, Manchester, and Seabrook offer good alternatives for housing and jobs.  Manchester has proven to be one of the best areas to move to for folks who are new to the state, both freestater and non-fsper.  If you live near Elm St (main street, lots of porc houses), you don't really need a car, since everything, including work, is right there.  Staying in Deerfield, I find that I need to return to Manchester a couple of times a week, so the draw is obvious to me.  Even when I lived in Nashua, there was a need to drive up to Nashua for certain specialized services.

Seabrook, and the seacoast region in general, offer a different vibe.  The weather is more mild, and there is much better access to the greater Boston area for those with with highly specialized careers.  There is also quite a bit of work available in NH itself in the coastal region, though the rent and housing costs are slightly higher (maybe 10%) than Manchester.

For folks living on a fixed income (unemployment, disability, pension, investments), northern NH offers some great deals, and Grafton may be the way to go, since there are a lot of folks there.  Keene, also, is a nice town, though to cost of living is a bit higher, and the whole town closes at 8pm.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 12:42:48 am »

If you intend to come out here as part of the fsp, don't forget to sign up on this site and also at

www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

if you think you can make it by September 2011.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:53:19 am »

Porc Fest will be this June.  You could meet a bunch of free staters and scope out the area.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

lloydbob1

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 05:05:22 pm »

Then stay for Burning Porcupine Festival

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=11858.0

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 09:18:20 am »

Welcome. ;D

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 10:50:02 pm »

And while you're at it, you might want to consider staying a little longer for job fairs and such.  I mean, hey, New Hampsha is a great place to live.  There are a lot of people who just live up here for the summer, and there's nothing wrong with that.

What sells a lot of people is going back to their home states and getting pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt (even when they have one on), or for not having your up to date insurance card in your glove box.  When people return to all of the taxes and restrictions, they really start to think more seriously about coming back to the freest state in America.

JosephCHart

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 01:02:58 am »

Since discovering Ron Paul, and FSP everything seems to be much more clear.  Either stay here and keep fighting the hard way for liberty and freedom, or move to NH and have some liberty and freedom.  I choose having at least some.  My eyes are wide open and Ive soaked up the truth about this world.  Now its time to act.  I will be moving to NH before 2011.  Community service(slavery) for the courts is holding me back.  Saving money right now is tough since I'm a full time Ron Paul supporter and a part time sign maker.  After my tedious 125 hours of slavery my intentions are to start a small sign making business.  I hope y'all need signs ><  I'm trying my best to make time for PorcFest and other events.  See you all soon in NH!

Rich Angell, it was very nice meeting you at the recount Monday!  Cant wait to talk again!

- Joseph Hart, RI Delegate for Ron Paul

CatherineBleish

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 12:00:46 pm »

My girlfriend and I just started researching and thinking about FSP.

Our basic concerns is jobs.  I'm a SignMaker and my girlfriend is in the Safety Industry(like OSHA type stuff) but she can do anykind of secretarial work.

I used to do safety compliance for UPS here in Kansas City.  I would have her check out any manufacturing or shipping environment for safety compliance.  There should be a UPS, Fed Ex, or DHL in most cities in New Hampshire. 

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 06:57:53 pm »

there should be a UPS, Fed Ex, or DHL in most cities in New Hampshire. 
i think that they all have  hubs near the airport  manchester/londonderry.

JosephCHart

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 08:14:40 pm »

ty ^_^

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 06:59:16 pm »

YES!  Anyone who's been arrested for freedom is welcome here, in my book.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I like the nail eaters for liberty most of all.  BTW, what did you say you're doing community slaverice for?

Yup, those hubs are all conveniently located between the Mall of NH and Manch Intl Airport.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 07:52:29 pm »

If your interested in the Seacoast Region, we have porc's in Newmarket, Dover, Rochester, Barrington, Portsmouth, Hampston, Rye, Epping, Exetore,
Farmington, Lee, Greenland, Stratom, and Strafford too! :)  Perhaps some misspelling! ???
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

JosephCHart

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 08:06:45 pm »

I was thinking of GoffsTown, possibly Manchester, but thank you

I was arrested for possession.  Slavery will erase my record so that I can get a new job eventually.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything