Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pomegranate Gardens wants to join the Free State Project!  (Read 3680 times)

katmaster

Pomegranate Gardens wants to join the Free State Project!
« on: July 31, 2007, 02:17:14 pm »

Pomegranate Gardens is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching lives through learning, growing and sharing.  Our goal with Pomegranate Gardens is to create independent and self-sufficient individuals within a community through education, example, and opportunity.  Through the Pomegranate Gardens Learning Club we are striving to create options and provide resources for learners to become familiar with the process of self-motivated learning.  It is a great resource for homeschoolers, parents seeking to supplement public school education, or families looking for an alternative to public school.  With enough interest we hope to add adult continuing education and classes through the Learning Club.

At this time we are investigating the New Hampshire communities to see if there is any interest and viability for a relocation to New Hampshire.  If you are interested in learning more about the garden, please contact us and give us your comments at pomegranategardens@gmail.com.  We have a blog site http://pomegranategardens.blogspot.com with information for your convenience.   On the blog states our mission, values, and motto for more clarity as to what we hope to accomplish within a community of motivated persons.

We are currently situated in Illinois.  However we have joined the Free State Project and are looking to move to New Hampshire as soon as possible.  We feel that the attitude of personal responsibility, self-motivation and activism is the right environment for Pomegranate Gardens to grow, thrive, and make some real impact on society.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Pomegranate Gardens wants to join the Free State Project!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 09:10:52 am »

Stopped by your blog. Sounds like an interesting project! And a big one, when all's said and done. Hope you can find a place to settle in NH. I've recently gotten into gardening with native plants, and although it's slightly different from your plans for organic farming, I have noticed that there are very few places that actually sell native wildflowers, trees, & other plants. There are none in my city (Buffalo, NY), and I haven't come across any in NH either, at least on the Web. Maybe a business niche there!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up