Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stossel on School Choice  (Read 3503 times)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Stossel on School Choice
« on: April 20, 2007, 11:10:03 am »

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but I just saw it and it ROCKS!  Stossel is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 09:07:38 pm by sjhipple »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

mattbarney

• FSP Participant
  • Focused on freedom
    • Matt Barney's Personal Page
Re: Stossel on School Choice
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 12:35:46 pm »

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but I just saw it and it ROCKS!  Stossel is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA

This was great!  John Stossel is to Journalism what Jason Sorens is to Political Science!  Both are wonderful advocates for freedom

Thanks for the link

Matt

Crocuta

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:41:14 pm »

I watched this right after it was posted and sent the link to my wife.  She just sat down to watch it yesterday.  Our 10-year old daughter came in and started watching it with her just as it was getting started.  Cindy said that it opened a whole hour worth of conversation - I just wanted to share a couple highlights.

After the parts about the New York teachers unions, Chloe said "You know, I think they'd be better off if they just got rid of those unions."  When they talked about how in Belgium the money is attached to the student, my wife and daughter discussed our property taxes.  "You mean even though I'm homeschooled, we still get taxed, and that money goes to kids to pay for public school?  They're stealing our money!"

From the mouths of babes.... ::sigh::  I'm so proud of my child right now.  :)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:04:09 pm »

I watched this right after it was posted and sent the link to my wife.  She just sat down to watch it yesterday.  Our 10-year old daughter came in and started watching it with her just as it was getting started.  Cindy said that it opened a whole hour worth of conversation - I just wanted to share a couple highlights.

After the parts about the New York teachers unions, Chloe said "You know, I think they'd be better off if they just got rid of those unions."  When they talked about how in Belgium the money is attached to the student, my wife and daughter discussed our property taxes.  "You mean even though I'm homeschooled, we still get taxed, and that money goes to kids to pay for public school?  They're stealing our money!"

From the mouths of babes.... ::sigh::  I'm so proud of my child right now.  :)

Sounds like you're raising her right...to be a free-thinker and advocate for liberty.  Kudos to you.

Wasn't surprised when I read she was home schooled. :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 05:07:05 pm by sjhipple »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything