Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone want to marry me?  (Read 4566 times)

agordon

anyone want to marry me?
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:27:56 am »

So I have Australian citizenship but I would like to join the FSP. Any ladies want to get hitched up and we can both enjoy the benefits of dual citizenship! Brilliant!

mookrit

• my website
Re: anyone want to marry me?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:38:02 pm »

yeah same goes for me. i'm an aussie too. marry for freedom! but we can divorce straight after i get permanent residency...

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:06:55 pm »

The immigration laws are now being changed to make it tougher for folks to marry for citizenship, which may be good for some things, but is not good for people who legitemately marry for love.  If I marry a foreigner, I don't really expect to be able to bring her back here.  It's not just the Americanizing culture, but the immigration laws.

If you do marry, do it for love, not for paperwork.  I'd love to marry an Aussie, anyway, but love eh.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

lasse

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:55:44 am »

Oh, so it wasn't hard enough to legally migrate in the first place?

Seems I should just learn Spanish, stay a while in the sun and sneak across the border, then wait for amnesty while the cops ignore my illegal self. I guess that's the easiest way.

Back-asswards world.
(not that lasse, the other lasse)

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil - Isaiah 5:20

agordon

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 07:38:44 am »

ladies, you haven't met me yet but once you do you won't be able to help but love me. I know there is a serious shortage of libertarian women out there but trust me, ditch your boyfriend/husband and you won't look back. I am Ron Paul, Phil Maymin, Wayne Allen Root and Thomas Jefferson rolled into one.

I also have a massive schlong.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 07:43:02 am by agordon »

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:42:11 pm »

Dude, if you were a chick, I'd marry you sight unseen... except for the bit about the schlong.  I'm not sure I could explain that to the fam.

Still, aussie. YEAH!
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 01:22:39 am »

Dude, if you were a chick, I'd marry you sight unseen... except for the bit about the schlong.  I'm not sure I could explain that to the fam.

Still, aussie. YEAH!

Hey, I hear that plenty of married people don't have sex, why should it be required of a same-sex couple?

If I weren't already married I would volunteer to be your hetero life partner.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

Simon Jester

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Peas: Don't hate them because they're round
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 08:48:55 am »

Hey, I hear that plenty of married people don't have sex, why should it be required of a same-sex couple?
Same-sex couples can't apply for spouse visas.

The More You Know *ding*
It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 11:17:13 am »

You don't want to know what I'd be willing to do for the cause  of liberty!

Actually, you're better off marrying for love, then trying to educate your partner.  I've done that with all of my gf's and it works.  In fact, I do that with friends, college students, coworkers, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up