Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michigan Porcupines?????  (Read 9187 times)

roland787

Michigan Porcupines?????
« on: November 16, 2006, 06:46:24 pm »

I'm in Michigan, the downriver area and I'm just wondering if theres any others from this area.   Wanna see if we can get some kind of local group together.  I'm not a leader kinda person because I'm not too into gettin all the stuff organized but I'm willing to participate.

Plus just wanna get to meet some fellow porcupines from my area.
The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments.

William H. Borah

Klaus

• FSP Participant
  • (The Swiss) are most armed and most free.
Re: Michigan Porcupines?????
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 07:19:24 pm »

There are quite a few Porcs in the Detroit area.  No regular local group that I know of at this time.  We're working on organizing a get-together, maybe in central MI, maybe Lansing, maybe a couple meetups; one east side MI and one west side.

We've been chatting on the Midwest Porcupines yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midwestporcupines/?yguid=201269228) so suggest joining that group and we'll see if we can work out some dates and locations.  I know there is at least one person from the Detroit area active on that yahoo group.

It really isn't a lot of work to set up a local group.  If you can figure out how to go for a drink with your friends, you can figure out how to start a local group  ;).  I can help you "get organized" and give you some tips, as well as help get the word out.  I'll likely be in Michigan after the new year meeting with Porcs wherever they decide to meet.

Nik
kreuzauge@yahoo.com

I'm in Michigan, the downriver area and I'm just wondering if theres any others from this area.   Wanna see if we can get some kind of local group together.  I'm not a leader kinda person because I'm not too into gettin all the stuff organized but I'm willing to participate.

Plus just wanna get to meet some fellow porcupines from my area.
All the armies in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come.
- Victor Hugo

mvpel

• FSP Participant
    • Aidoann
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 01:49:17 pm »

Hi folks,

My wife Caren and I, who were the first people to permanently relocate to New Hampshire after it was chosen as the Free State, are here in Ann Arbor for the week, and we'd love to meet Free Staters around here.

We'll be at the Arborland Starbucks, just off US23 Panera Cafe in the Barnes & Noble plaza at the corner of Huron Parkway and Washtenaw, just west of US-23 exit 37, at 11:00am this coming Saturday, December 29.  Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 02:04:53 pm by mvpel »
New Hampshire Notary Public - Merrimack Valley Area - Silver Accepted

bwisok

• The Coffee Coaster
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:53:57 am »

Sorry I've been away from the board for a while, but Lloyd pointed me to this thread.  Hello, and while I'm a member of the FSP and technically moved and registered to vote in Merrimack, NH, I spend a lot of time in Michigan--months at a time, even--more or less shuttling between Novi and Lansing area.  I expect as time and money permit to spend at least half my time in my state of citizenship, but I should always retain a footprint here because of friends and family.

If anyone should gather folks together in Michigan, especially SE Michigan or central Michigan, with a Free State connection or ambition, please contact me--either through this forum or through my opinion Website.  Note: I'm the author of New Pilgrim Chronicles, which is a story of one man's journey to the Free State to "live free and flourish."  Also, I'm going to be attending the Liberty Forum in Nashua Jan. 3-6

Brian Wright
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:55:29 am by bwisok »
Brian Wright
Author of New Pilgrim Chronicles
an owner's manual for a free country
Live Free and Flourish!

mvpel

• FSP Participant
    • Aidoann
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:03:36 pm »

We decided to change the venue to the Panera Cafe at Barnes & Noble Plaza at the corner of Washtenaw and Huron Parkway, due to the poor parking situation at Arborland Starbucks.

Still 11:00am and still Saturday.
New Hampshire Notary Public - Merrimack Valley Area - Silver Accepted

ZeekLTK

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:53:46 pm »

So is this local group active? No one has posted in this thread for a while... :/

JustinTrefcorp

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 09:54:46 pm »

No one has been on this thread in awhile but I couldn't find anything else for Michiganders. I created a facebook group for Michigan movers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1178751625477016/https://www.facebook.com/groups/1178751625477016/

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 09:56:55 pm »

Nice! If you'd like to get email addresses from Porcs in your area to advertise your group, you can contact chris.lopez@freestateproject.org.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up