Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to New Hampshire  (Read 5163 times)

walterjii

• Freedom Road Foundation
Moving to New Hampshire
« on: November 12, 2006, 02:25:10 pm »

Good Afternoon from Peru, SA

My name is Walter and I am a new member with your organization.  My new Peruvian wife and I will be moving to your great state as soon as we have secured an exit visa.  I am from Ohio, but given the lay of the land  up there, I think I belong with those choosing freedom (v) slavery.

I would desire to locate a very rural community to live in, maybe purchased an old house on 5 acres or more.  Formally an accountant and farmer and cabinet maker, wife is a 32 year old obstetrician.  She would need to find work with a doctor, clinic or hospital.

Do any of you have any suggestions for us as to where we should think about relocating.  Thanks for your time and thoughts.    Walter & Giovanna Robb

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
Re: Moving to New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 04:22:10 pm »

I would desire to locate a very rural community to live in, maybe purchased an old house on 5 acres or more.  Formally an accountant and farmer and cabinet maker, wife is a 32 year old obstetrician.  She would need to find work with a doctor, clinic or hospital.

Do any of you have any suggestions for us as to where we should think about relocating.  Thanks for your time and thoughts.    Walter & Giovanna Robb
If it's extremely rural that you want, I suggest the north country (Coos county).
Check this website:
http://www.cooscountynh.com/
Try the Berlin area.

Alternately, if you want rural, but a little closer drive to towns with hospitals, and other services, you have lots of options.
I suggest Keene:
http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/
If you drive about 10 minutes from the town center, you'll be among nothing but farms and state parks. Gorgeous countryside, and a lot of Free-Staters are there already.

Good luck!!!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 05:07:24 pm »

Good Afternoon from Peru, SA

My name is Walter and I am a new member with your organization.  My new Peruvian wife and I will be moving to your great state as soon as we have secured an exit visa.  I am from Ohio, but given the lay of the land  up there, I think I belong with those choosing freedom (v) slavery.

Welcome.

Are do you plan on moving within the next 2 years?
Please consider the First1000 pledge
www.pledgebank.com/first1000   (you can each sign it).

Concord is having a problem with not enough doctors.
There are plenty of rural areas within commuting distance of Concord.
I am 8 miles from the State House and there are horse farms on my street.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 08:54:34 pm »

I agree, Concord is wonderful. I live "downtown", and am in the middle of farms & horse pastures after about 15 minutes on my bicycle.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:42:07 am »

Welcome, Walter!

If your wife is able to practice obstetrics in the U.S., then she'll be in high demand. Because of high malpractice rates, very few OB/GYNs practice in small towns and rural areas. Lancaster or Berlin would be great areas for a couple like you.

Kevin

cgsmbrazil

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 11:02:13 am »

Hi folks,

I've been away from FSPF for a long time and the initial question remains the same : I don't have US citizenship, I'm a senior and single. Nonetheless I want to subscribe as a potential person able to move to NH as a retired, still active but not depending on any state support as social security benefits.

Let me ask to subscribe as a potential mover if only symbolically. Immigration laws can be federal but local regulations would make a great difference in my case.

Thanks in advance for your reply hoping to make a decision before New Year's eve.

All the best

Claudia
BRAZIL

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 11:37:05 pm »

Claudia, if you can find a way to get here, please do! We have people coming to New Hampshire from all over the planet -- assuming the imbeciles and cretins who run this country's immigration system let them in!

cgsmbrazil

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 04:55:15 am »

Dear 'Error',

I'm a strict law abiding citizen anywhere and would never get into US or any other place without fulfilling all legal requests (I have only a tourist visa) I can't figure out how I can go but if I could stay in a  monastery with nuns or any other religious group for a while or receive an invitation for volunteer in some organization I'd justify my staying  while looking for a permanent residency status. Anyway it's very hard to get there.

There are two websites www.gringoes.com and www.brazzilmag.com and if FSP president could write an article about an invitation to Brazilians to go to New Hampshire and be interviewed or simulate an interview with me I'll manage to get it posted on both.

Can you divulge my plea in this group (about the article) ?

All the best

Claudia

CiscoBoards

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 01:05:46 pm »

Hi,

I too recently joined FSP. I am currently living in Maine after 15 years in New Hampshire but I intend on going back to NH as quick as my funds allow. Maine is as bad or worse than Mass. when it comes to living expenses and taxes. I made a big mistake in moving here.

I would suggest for you to look at the seacoast region in new Hampshire. Portsmouth is a great city and there are surrounding towns where you can find plenty of woodlands.

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 02:34:37 pm »

Walter,

The are around Lebanon/Claremont is very rural, but Dartmouth hospital is there. Your wife would have easy access to a hospital and rural living. Dartmouth is actually a rather large hospital, and they have a very good reputation.
A cabinet maker can work anywhere in the state. Good luck with the exit visa. I hope to see you in New Hampshire sooner rather than later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything