Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Government aid to education  (Read 13659 times)

LiftsBoxes

Re: Government aid to education
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 07:21:08 am »

Let me way in on this as a new member :)

I don't know how pure a libertarian position this is.  But I thoroughly support school vouchers.

The reality is children are born to parents who might be good, bad, poor, rich...  The child is certainly not the property of the parents thus should not be needlessly burdened by the fiscal position of the parents.  The child is in the care of the parents as the child grows to adulthood.  This will always be a grey area... as it should be.  We should never go so far as to just leave children to the whims of their parents.  Nor should we decide to have the state take on the full burden of parenting. 

I 100% support direct school vouchers.

I actually advocate this voucher style system as a matter of transition for many issues.  Healthcare for example, we should all have a health spending account.  You're not going to get people to trust in freedom if they have never tasted it at all. 

I'm sorry, maybe I'm an educational elitist, but I can't bring myself to talk about education without correcting grammar.  I believe what you want to do is to "weigh-in" as opposed to "way in."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:34:01 am by LiftsBoxes »
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 04:20:57 pm »

"I choose not to fund a police force. "

well... not much more to say there.  Unless you have a voluntary police force.   In which case the protection of children would be done the same way.

Otherwise, we're just a little too different in our view points.

Could be but I'm sure we both agree that the government is too large by far and needs a good downsizing. It'll be a happy day for both of us when the gov is reduced by 90% and only has resources to focus on crimes with actual victims.

Welcome to the forum if I didn't say so before and hopefully I can welcome you to NH in person before too long.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

scamper_22

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 08:04:42 pm »

Keyser Soce,

glad to be here :)
Yeah, I agree, we can all debate the theoreticals here to our hearts content :P  One step at a time and we can see where we end up :P

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything