Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A bit of information Please.  (Read 8048 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: A bit of information Please.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 08:19:36 pm »

We hadn't met anyone face-to-face so we decided to come out the the 2004 PorcFest to see what these people were really like.

At the PorcFest we met well over 100 people and were extremely happy to find them to be honest, intelligent, interesting, and dedicated people.

I wasn't at the 2004 Porcfest. ;D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Steve and Family

• Languages: English/Spanish
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 12:29:19 pm »

At the Porkfest we met well over 100 people and were extremely happy to find them to be honest, intelligent, interesting, and dedicated people. It was exciting to talk with the people who were already in New Hampshire and those planning to move soon. The quality of the people we met was enough to make us update our plans and we decided to move as soon as possible. We went back to Minnesota, put our house on the market, and moved in February 05.
Thanks for the positive feedback on the porkfest, we will be travelling quite a distance and would hate to be disappointed by the experience. Also, sorry I did not reply right away, I have been out of town for a few days.

Steve and Family

• Languages: English/Spanish
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 12:35:13 pm »

You'll find a little of everything here.  I'd dig a few minutes to chat with you about Idaho.  Might be helpful re: knowing more reasons why NH was a better choice ;)  Also, if you wind up moving, it would be nice to hear your story from a standpoint of someone from one of the other candidate states (particularly the western ones) coming on out. 
V-
I don't think I would be a good source of information on the topic, I didn't even know of the FSP while the voting was going on. I just found out about the project recently, and by accident at that. Also I have only lived in Idaho for the past 6 yrs, after having left the military, so I can't really give you much info about the state either.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything