Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your occupation?  (Read 34423 times)

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re: What's your occupation?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2005, 06:47:07 am »

I'm in the Real Estate business in NH! :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

lloydbob1

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2005, 08:56:31 am »

I look forward to a bowl of Ward's red. I'm a practicing amateur, leaning towards smoked butts and brisket. I do the occasional batch of ribs, but I'm not that experienced (and not that motivated, since I prefer cuts that are more meat than bone).

I'm think'in when you got smoking butts, you're making the chili too spicy.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2005, 01:51:08 pm »

I look forward to a bowl of Ward's red. I'm a practicing amateur, leaning towards smoked butts and brisket. I do the occasional batch of ribs, but I'm not that experienced (and not that motivated, since I prefer cuts that are more meat than bone).

I'm think'in when you got smoking butts, you're making the chili too spicy.
If they're merely smoking, I must have run out of something important.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

maffew

• FSP Participant
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2005, 02:16:43 pm »

For the past 6 years I've done desktop support and network administration.  But since Fall of 2004, I have been working full time towards a BS in mechanical engineering.  After I get my BSME, I am going to attend law school.  I would like to practice patent law.

mrcaver2u

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2005, 09:58:49 pm »

Hi, I'm a welder and my wife is a neonatal respiratory therapist. both of our jobs seem to be in high demand everywhere in the country but I'm curious about the demand for both careers in NH. I'd appreciate any input or info.
                                                           Thanks, Jeff

Revmar

• FSP Participant
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 01:25:47 am »

I have to admit, work is the main reason I've not joined FSP yet.  I'm a stage Manager at a major Repertory Theater.  It's a good gig, but I don't know that there is much opertunity to find similar work in NH.  Very few Theater's pay as well as where I work mostly because I've been there for 24 years now.
I absolutely believe in the FSP, but won't commit to moving to NH unless I'm sure it's possible for me to move.

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 07:45:03 am »

FWIW, here are links to the two biggest theaters in the state (that I'm aware of):

The Palace Theater, Manchester
The Capitol Center for the Arts, Concord

And this should take you to a list of all sorts of theaters in the state.  Don't be deterred by the presence of a few movie theaters; I think they were erring on the side of overinclusiveness.

Good luck!
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

Revmar

• FSP Participant
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 09:35:19 am »

Thanks- this gives me a place to start researching.  Never hurts to send resumes out.

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 10:57:40 pm »

Also the Seacoast Repertory Theatre in Portsmouth. Many Summer Theatres.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 12:06:31 pm »

I'm a stage Manager at a major Repertory Theater

Boy, I know some amateur actors in California who'd love to get to know you! :)

Seriously, though, along with opportunities in Manchester and Concord, you might also want to consider Boston MA.
I live in Nashua, NH at the moment, and I can quite easily imagine commuting to Boston from here -- it's only
about a 45 minute dive from where I live to Logan Airport, way downtown.

Get on out here! ASAP!

-Denis

CP ridgerunner

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2005, 12:12:00 pm »

Pest control, santation, basic building maintence and food plant inspector.

Samuel_Adams

• Liberty and Justice for all
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2005, 11:29:42 pm »

I’ve been looking to hire about 30 more people, but there doesn’t seem to be anyone left in this state.  I can’t take more work if I can’t find more employees.

I am looking for work after I graduate this year. What kind of work skills do you require and whats the pay? I am willing to give it a try if you need few good people, I have more than a few friends, hard-working, who wouldn't also mind giving it a try.

SA
"If ya love wealth better than liberty, tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace... May your chains set lightly upon you..."

Samuel_Adams

• Liberty and Justice for all
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005, 11:42:57 pm »

And sorry, chopping trees or shoveling snow won't cut it. I have mouths to feed, and we also expect a certain standard of living. I mean, we're capitalists for crying out loud! We like our comforts and toys.

I personally won't mind chopping trees to begin with. I am just graduating from college and anything that puts food on my table, a roof on my head and enough spare change to keep the debt-collectors(college debt) at bay ;D ,  will be fine to begin with.

Eventually I am planning on becoming an Author, along the lines of Michael Critchon and Tom Clancy. I got big amibitions and want to make it as big as them. But I will take any crapshoot job to begin with like Loggin' or whatever till I get my break. I also got a ton of other business ideas, but they all come later.

So all you future publishers are lookin' for some Author to collaborate with, contact me. Sure we can work something out.

SA
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 11:46:22 pm by Samuel_Adams »
"If ya love wealth better than liberty, tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace... May your chains set lightly upon you..."

brontus

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 03:12:00 pm »

What do I do?  Whatever they pay me to do.  I'm a temp in NJ and when I make the move, I'll probably start out with finding a temp agency to work for, or possibly a mail room gig as I have 4 years of experience in that field.  Right now I sit in an old steel mill and tell people that the state has absolutely no clue what it's doing.  Well, that's how I describe it.  Officially I field questions about NJ's Affordable Housing Program which recently reorganized itself and currently isn't exactly what could be called functional.

Ultimately I want to sell computers and biofuels, and maybe get myself set up with a few acres of corn and sunflower to grow my own vegetable oil and ethanol.

Ward: where in Jersey are you?  Maybe you can get your first customer before you move!
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
 -- Ben Franklin

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2005, 09:31:02 pm »

Well a recent college grad looking for work as an Electronics Technician.  Seriously thinking about moving within the next couple of months and opening my own electronics store / service shop.   Doing temp work right now until I find work in my field or decide to move to New Hampshire.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up