Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a Job and a Place to Live in the Free State?  (Read 16872 times)

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
Need a Job and a Place to Live in the Free State?
« on: December 15, 2003, 07:00:17 pm »

Maybe we can work together to our mutual benefit.  We (My wife and I) are real estate investors.  Moving to the Free State means investing in New Hampshire.  
We are presently searching for multi-unit rental properties in NH

Problem:   Due to our business interests in Hawaii, we cannot relocate just yet and the distance makes property management problematic.

Solution:  A Porcupine Property Manager and caretaker

The Deal:  We locate and purchase a suitable multi-unit rental property.  You move in to a vacant unit rent free in exchange for management and caretaker services.  You earn additional income by bird dogging additional investment properties for us, earning a fee or commission when we buy each new property, and/or by doing the re-hab work on distressed properties we may purchase.

We intend to purchase a minimum of 3 to 5 properties in the next twelve months.  There may be opportunities for more than one property manager depending on the kind of people who respond (Meaning their capacity for responsibility and ability to perform handyman type work as well as the geographic spread of the acquired properties).

If this goes the way we expect, there may eventually be steady work for a small crew. (More jobs for Porcupines)

Additional benefit:  Good quality, low cost housing for newly re-located Porcupines and others in need of low cost rentals.

We believe in making every transaction a Win-Win deal

Respond on this forum or contact me personally if you are interested or have any suggestions or ideas

Chuck
808-228-3703

PS:  A real go-getter who is already in NH would help us find the first property, thus earning cash going in. ;) Win-Win

We have now had offers accepted on two apartment buildings. 8)  After we close we will have apartment vacancies and work for building tradesmen .  All of the above still applies but we will not be able to move quickly on any more properties until we close these two deals  Meet us at the Porc Fest June 24-27 if you are interested
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 06:07:12 pm by Chuckster »
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Re:Need a Job and a Place to Live in the Free State?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 01:39:22 am »

Chuck thanks for posting this; this seems to be the kind of thing we need as much of as we can get.
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Roycerson

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 02:27:17 am »

WOW are you serious?  

I have been persuing EXACTLY that situation for the last month.  At one point it was supposed to be a done deal.  Now this guy I've been dealing with has backed out on me, a local contractor in a different arrangement days after I got here and just today cancelled a long planned meeting with a local property manager at the very time of the meeting (I was to finally sign a lease).  She had evidently dealt with him before and was not surprised.  He's a nice enough guy but he is a slave to his phobias and everytime he makes a decision something in the news scares him and he changes his mind.  It's been a hell of a month.  I have only a few days before I fly home.  

I am in New Hampshire and have a little bit of work lined up maintaining and remodeling multi unit dwellings (I am a remodelling contractor / handyman).  I will call you.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 02:42:12 am by Roycerson »
He who is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom....Anton LaVey

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 04:12:31 pm »

WOW are you serious?

Serious as a heart attack :o  And while we do not have a property locked down right this moment, we should have something very soon.  If you or anyone else out there has the initiative, you can help speed up the process.  Call me, email or simply respond on this forum for more details if you are interested.

If you are interested in property management or in being a part of our rehab crew or scouting team or if you are just looking for an apartment or house to rent in the future we can all benefit from working together.  

If you have a specific area of NH in mind, find a multi unit building that's for sale and that you would like to live in (And manage), and if its right for us, we'll buy it, pay you a commission for finding the deal AND install you as the property manager, RENT FREE.  We are willing to invest in any area of the Free State.

Sound too good to be true?  Its not.  We are for real and we are serious about this.  Remember, we intend to make a profit , no secret there, and we are not giving anything away for nothing.  You will earn it.  Having said that, I will also add that we expect everyone involved in our project, from the scouts to the tenants,(and of course ourselves) to benefit. ;D
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." George Bernard Shaw

thegotoguy

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 12:10:19 am »

Chuck -

Sounds like something I may be interested in doing.  

The problem is that I also have a mail order business, for which I will need about 1500-2000 sq. ft. of warehouse space.  
(eBay user ID: thegotoguy.com ; almost 21,000 feedback, if that's a "resume enhancement")

If you can buy a building where I can use the basement, as well, I'd definitely be interested.  In exchange, I'd be willing to manage 2 properties for you or maybe help with yard maintenance or something.

All of this is contingent, of course, upon my wife's approval (you knew that was coming, right?) but we may be able to work something out.

Looking forward to discussing this further.
Chris

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 04:49:53 pm »

Chuck -

Sounds like something I may be interested in doing.  

The problem is that I also have a mail order business, for which I will need about 1500-2000 sq. ft. of warehouse space.  

Chris, one of the properties I am currently considering would fit the bill.  It has a large garage that is not being used and a basement too.  This particular property, however, is not on my "A" list because it is vacant and needs considerable rehab to get ready for tenants.  That just indicates that there are more out there.  I don't see your situation as a problem at all  (But then, I don't know your wife ;) ) .

The way our plan would work is, if you take on responsibility for more than one property, you get compsensated for each the equivalent of one unit's rents (Or , in your case, the equivalent in storage space).  Its just a matter of finding the right property.  We are gong to need help with that until we are able to make the move ourselves.  The timing on our move  is contingent on how much help we get finding good properties in NH.

OK, Chris - your situation poses no problem in my mind.  I expect we will eventually find a property that is just perfect for what you have in mind.

Everyone reading this:  The quality of your results are directly proportional to the amount of effort and initiative you expend.

If you are looking for a special situation like Chris for example, have other special needs (Pets, a horse, weird hobby, large family or want to open a storefront business) but  for some reason can't just put it all together on your own, we can work something out.  But you have to take the initiative.  Given what I have already posted on this and other forums, If I were you, I'd go  find a property that has the features I need (A barn out back or a storefront on main street with apartments upstairs or whatever) and then say "Hey Chuck! Look what I found!"

Contact me first so I can give you specific guidelines on what kind of properties to look for.  

Remember: We pay finders fees  too and we will be hiring home detailers etc. as well.  There is no reason why one person can't take maximum advantage of our offer and get just the right living situation while earning cash for finding and fixing it up.

If you're still with me this far I'll add that we will even help you start your own business if you're so inclined.  My partner is a retail operations consultant and I once owned a home detailing business and have been involved in several small business startups in the service and retail sectors.

Think creatively, but remember:

TANSTAAFL   ??? (If you're not up on your Heinlein = "There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" )   8)

thegotoguy

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 10:52:47 pm »

chuck, just sent an email to further discuss this

willing to do what I have to do.
I've actually been looking for a side project.

Naturally, I'm a little cautious.  
Anyone can say anything over the internet.
I don't know anything about you, you don't know anything about me (other than my 20,000+ satisfied customers on eBay).

But, we can definitely talk about this.

Chris
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 10:54:18 pm by thegotoguy »

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 05:45:41 pm »

Naturally, I'm a little cautious.  
Anyone can say anything over the internet.
I don't know anything about you, you don't know anything about me

Chris

Indeed.  Anyone can say anything on the internet.  I always advise caution.  In a few months many of you will have met me and my wife and will feel more comfortable about all this. By then we hope to have acquired one or two properties and have some of you as tenants and partners and neighbors.  

The forum responses, emails and phone calls we've received have convinced us that our plan is sound and that we can create situations beneficial to the FSP and to individuals involved in the project as well as native New Hampsters and of course ourselves.   In any case we will be there by mid summer, ready to rock.

DerBlitzkrieger

• FSP Participant
  • Live free or Die
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 10:32:43 am »

I would be very interested in staying at one of your properties.  I will most likely be moving to NH in the first half of 2004, and am dreadfully scared of finding a place to live. (thankfully, the work situation isnt a problem)

Please be sure to let everyone know when you get your first rental property!
Wherever You Go, There You Are...

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 02:07:04 pm »

Please be sure to let everyone know when you get your first rental property!

Don't worry Bilitz, We'll be doing everything possible to get the word out when we have vacant units available.

Watch these forums for the first alerts.

geoffgolder

• you can be anything not any thing
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 09:13:46 pm »

I realize im posting to this quite a while after discussion has stopped... however its worth a shot Im sure.  

I am an able minded/bodied person, and I have somewhere just above zero experience doing handy work and property management.  There is an advantage though to this, as I am single, young, and low maintence, and my intentions are to get situated in new hampshire rather than make money to pay all my bills (which i don't have).  I'd be very willing and eager to get involved with the right people on a project of this kind.  Like i said, my experience is minimal, but there is no point in pretending 95% of what would be involved couldn't be learned from a combination of common sense, a library pass and a few afternoons.  I obviously wouldn't expect anyone to take me on faith alone, nor would I pledge my willingness that way, but if a rational, generally able person is what you need, drop an email or responce in here, and good luck with your relocation

Geoff

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 02:54:40 pm »

To:  geoffgolder and all

As I have posted elsewhere in the forums, my wife and business partner, Laura, is leaving for manchester tonight and will be in New Hampshire until the morning of the 10th (Actually, her flight home is at 0730 on the 10th so her last real day there is the 9th)

Her mission is to:
a)  Conduct a general reconnaisance of New Hampshire
b)  To locate and acquire, if possible, multi-unit investment properties
c)  To make personal contact with FSP members and friends already located in New Hampshire

Laura can be reached while traveling via email at laura@twowheelconsulting.com or on her cell phone at (808) 225-7870

HopiBuddha

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 04:15:51 am »

You really can't ask for more than what you have proposed here.  My wife and I are looking to head to NH before summer gets here.  The contract here in Moscow, ID is about to run out and then I will be a bit doomed.  Been applying for most anything I can in NH so we can get going.  But nothing has come open to us yet.

Though most of my current years have been spent in the IT field doing network administration, help desk and web developement.  My first years of work and while in high school I was a carpenter/cabinet maker.  So if it comes to the point that you do get some properties and could use a couple of good hands like mine, I'd be more than up for "property management/rehabiltator" position.  

This would work great for us since it's a lot easier to search for jobs in NH if you are actually living there.  When you need them I can give you references that will back my work history.  Can even send you some pictures of the place we live in now (completely repainted the place on the inside, built bookshelfs in the second bedroom and installed a new faucet in the kitchen).

Hope to hear something good from you soon.

Sincerely,
Stacy D. and Stella M. Anderson
Moscow, ID

hopibuddha@turbonet.com

Chuckster

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 04:23:55 pm »

Laura returned to Honolulu Monday night after a very productive trip to NH. ;D

Offer accepted on one 5 unit bulding with one vacant unit needing some work; I am doing the paperwork now, closing should be in mid-April.  Offer pending on second property, two buldings including storefront retail space (Available) and 7 apartments, all occupied.  Offer on third property countered, counter offer pending; 4 units, 1 or 2 vacancies anticipated, some work needed on the interior.

All are in Berlin, which turns out to be not such a bad little town after all.  Laura says there are no coffee shops (The Espresso, Cappucino, Latte type, not the Denny's kind) in the town and she was unable to get a decent signal for her wireless internet card or find an internet cafe.  Business opportunity here.  In fact, there are several opportunities for enterprising Porcupines.

Stay tuned.

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 11:06:34 pm »

Chuckster,
 I have over 30 years experience in the building business, (presently 52 years old), and your idea intrigues me. I have been considering moving from the Seacoast of NH up to the Littleton, Lancaster, Whitefield area. If you get something in that area, I'd definitely be interested.
Alan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up