Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homeschooling, Montessori Schools, ect.  (Read 1584 times)

RP2016

Homeschooling, Montessori Schools, ect.
« on: April 25, 2017, 02:43:01 pm »

My wife and I are planning to move our two sons to New Hampshire next year (we are targeting Spring/Summer). They are currently 8 months and 2 1/2 years old. I know schooling is right around the corner for them. Obviously being a Libertarian I have my doubts about the government educating my children. We are considering sending them to a Montessori school. We will likely be moving to somewhere in the Nashua to Concord corridor. I am curious what other like-minded people do for educating their children. Are there any libertarian home school co-ops? Does anyone use Ron Paul's home school curriculum?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Homeschooling, Montessori Schools, ect.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:19:18 am »

We are home-schooling our first-grader, but she did kindergarten at a nearby private school. There are many alternative educational options in New Hampshire and a small but growing tax-credit scholarship fund that can cover private and home school costs. In our area (the Upper Valley) there are some small home school groups but nothing really formal. In the southern part of the state where you are planning to locate, there are more options, including co-ops. The Praxeum in Portsmouth hosts home school classes on specialized subjects, like advanced math. You may want to sign up for Michelle Levell's School Choice for New Hampshire mailing list to keep abreast of legislative news affecting school choice: http://www.schoolchoicenh.org/ .
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Levi

• RealtorĀ®. Photographer.
Re: Homeschooling, Montessori Schools, ect.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 11:22:42 am »

Message me on FB and I can add you to all the homeschool FB groups if you want.  Following those and asking questions in there will give you an idea of the non-public school options.  The most active homeschool community in the state is on the Seacoast in my opinion.  The greater Manchester area and Central NH also seems to have a fair number of homeschoolers. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up