Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ride share: BOS->Concord Thursday 2/22, 11:30 AM  (Read 3687 times)

seamas

• FSP Participant
Ride share: BOS->Concord Thursday 2/22, 11:30 AM
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:29:11 pm »

If anyone else is getting in to Logan around this time please let me know.  My flight is supposed to get in at 10:51 so I hope that by 11:30 I will be ready to go.  I'm happy to split costs evenly up to about twice what a bus would cost (so up to $40). 

My hope is that a few of us are getting in around this time and that some entrepreneurial resident Porc can make a few bucks.  If not, I'd be happy to pay 1/2 a rental car's cost for a day if someone is doing that.

Please let me know here so that others can see if it will work for them.

Thanks,
Seamas

pugnax

Re: Ride share: BOS->Concord Thursday 2/22, 11:30 AM
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 11:54:19 pm »

I am arriving BOS approx. 1400. Picking up baggage and rental car, about another hour.  I welcome companionship and navigational assistance. 

My fee is rather steep, though :  1 Bombay Sapphire Martini.

Also, I want to drive over to Portsmouth ASAP...perhaps on the way to Concord, maybe later.
As it turns out, freedom is not free.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 03:41:52 pm »

The Concord Trailways bus is $17 from Logan to Concord, but those assholes will ask you for an ID.

seamas

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 05:38:15 pm »

Thanks, that's my backup plan.  The ID thing is dumb but nothing I won't be doing by flying (and then a whole lot more).

pugnax: That sounds like fun but I'm hoping to get in to Concord by 1:00 PM for the statehouse visit.

The Concord Trailways bus is $17 from Logan to Concord, but those assholes will ask you for an ID.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 05:46:08 pm »

Thanks, that's my backup plan.  The ID thing is dumb but nothing I won't be doing by flying (and then a whole lot more).

BTW.... it is off topic but... you don't need ID to fly.. if you don't show it then they just put you thru an extra screening... try it.

seamas

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 09:37:11 pm »

I've actually done this, although that was before 9/11 and I'd suspected that it was no longer possible (though if they delay you so much that you miss your flight...).  I  see airline security as a conclusive experiment, given 9/11, that showed how disarming the law abiding emboldens criminals - if it didn't work after everyone went through metal detectors, was subject to search, etc. how well could it work anywhere.  Having lucked out on 9/11 this subject touches a nerve for me.

Anywho, thanks for the info and I promise to not be on the soapbox if someone wants to share a ride late Thursday morning.

BTW.... it is off topic but... you don't need ID to fly.. if you don't show it then they just put you thru an extra screening... try it.

mappchik

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 03:11:57 pm »

My flight arrives in Boston at 11:01 AM, and I'm scheduled to pickup my rental car (midsize) at 11:30.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 10:31:35 am »

I'll have already arrived in Boston by that point and will probably be spreading terror (with an Aqua Teen Hunger Force T-shirt) in the vicinity of Downtown Crossing.

lloydbob1

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 01:50:32 pm »

Ya know, right about now one of those plastic sign cartoon thingys would be a good place to hide a bomb.

seamas

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:47:45 pm »

In lieu of an an Aqua Teen Hunger Force LED thing around my neck, I sent a PM.

My flight arrives in Boston at 11:01 AM, and I'm scheduled to pickup my rental car (midsize) at 11:30.
Pages: [1]   Go Up