Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downsize DC's Jim Babka  (Read 2713 times)

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
Downsize DC's Jim Babka
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:01:37 pm »

We were talking to Jim Babka on the show tonight and he told us the FSP had approached him about having Downsize DC promote the Liberty Forum.

I suggested that the best way to have him promote the Liberty Forum would be to invite him to speak or be a panelist.  Jim certainly qualifies as one of the most influential Libertarians in America.  Plus his email list has 23,000+ people on it.

Please consider including him in the event.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

freedomroad

Re: Downsize DC's Jim Babka
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 10:08:12 pm »

It would make sense for him to be a panelist if the FSP can afford it.  I've always thought DownsizeDC is a great idea but may only be effective at the state level.

ControlConcord?  DownsizeConcord?  ShrinkConcord?  NHAdvantage?

Of course, a little money for an ad would also work.  Putting a DownsizeDC ad in the NHLF handbook might be an equal trade with a NHLF ad in couple DownSizeDC emails.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
Re: Downsize DC's Jim Babka
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 10:37:16 pm »

Babka is yet another awesome, energized activist who could actually accomplish his goals if he targeted New Hampshire, at least as "Phase 1" of the master plan.

Really, I think it would be well worthwhile for individual FSP'ers to individually contact the entire Downsize DC Board of Directors, maybe all their Associates too, and let them know that their goals are REALISTICALLY REACHABLE in New Hampshire. Let them know that here they would be joined by HUNDREDS of like-minded people, all working towards the same goals, pushing for smaller government on all fronts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything