Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: John Stossel is our Keynote speaker!!!  (Read 22970 times)

igoddard

• Former FSP President
  • Global Moderator
John Stossel is our Keynote speaker!!!
« on: August 20, 2006, 07:34:06 pm »

Mark your calendars!!!
The Forum is coming.
This is going to be GREAT!

In addition to Stossel we are lining up a super program, panels and other speakers.

YES. . .  John Stossel will be our keynote speaker. In addition, Stossel will be doing an interview with Jason and Varrin.
Both the keynote & the interview footage, will be available as our promotional material. Hoorey!!!

:-)
Irena

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
Re: John Stossel is our Keynote speaker!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 07:37:23 pm »

Um, YES!!!!!!!!!!
5/13/06: I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!  #401!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 08:01:21 pm »

I like him. He is pretty funny. 8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 08:20:25 pm »

John Stossel is my religion. I'm going to see if he'll sign my ass with a hot tatoo pen.

FreeBoB

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 08:28:12 pm »

Let me check John's price list.....uh, signing a naked ass is $1,000.

I believe the promo and video work will be priceless to the FSP!

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 09:03:12 pm »

Very cool my guess was Walter williams but this is just as good.

Nice work .   ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 09:14:21 pm »

John Stossel is my religion. I'm going to see if he'll sign my ass with a hot tatoo pen.

I think John carries a portable branding iron with him.

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 09:18:15 pm »

Initially I was a bit skeptical of the Stossel deal because of the cost, but I was persuaded because of this:

YES. . .  John Stossel will be our keynote speaker. In addition, Stossel will be doing an interview with Jason and Varrin.
Both the keynote & the interview footage, will be available as our promotional material. Hoorey!!!

He's really going out of his way to give us some great promo material. We can put the video on the website, in our DVDs, and quotes from it (and his speech) in our fundraising and recruitment letters and ads.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 09:21:58 pm »

Initially I was a bit skeptical of the Stossel deal because of the cost, but I was persuaded because of this:

He's really going out of his way to give us some great promo material. We can put the video on the website, in our DVDs, and quotes from it (and his speech) in our fundraising and recruitment letters and ads.

I just really hope he refers to your Harry Potterness looks once during the interview, then the cost will have been worth it.     :)

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 09:58:50 pm »

This is huge news, did you book him through Jennifer at ABC?  PM me details, please.

Way to go FSP!
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 04:43:47 am »

With regard to stossell doing an interview, do you mean his doing a story about the FSP, and if so where will it run?

In any case, great work Irena!  This will certainly at least generate a good local media article and get stossell more likely to cover us.

http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

igoddard

• Former FSP President
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 05:23:32 am »

The Interview is on our request. He is currently not doing a story on FSP (best to my knowledge). But the Interview footage will be both our and his to use.

I suppose if he gets inspired by our event he may do a story. 

-Irena

igoddard

• Former FSP President
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 09:10:17 am »

This is huge news, did you book him through Jennifer at ABC?

Sometimes women can be more persuasive.  ;)

jeanius

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 02:57:22 pm »

That's great Irena!  Congratulations!  Stossel is a great point for libertarianism.  I give his books away regularly to friends who are "on the brink" so to speak of getting the whole concept of minimal government, etc.  Kudos!

Jean

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 03:43:22 pm »

Initially I was a bit skeptical of the Stossel deal because of the cost...

Stossel gives all his speaker fees to charity. That's his only vice that I know of. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

anything