Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to NH by 2019 and a introduction  (Read 753 times)

Shadyduk1979

Moving to NH by 2019 and a introduction
« on: December 27, 2017, 12:35:51 pm »

Good day all.

I have been wanting to get out of Massachusetts for some time now. My wife has however been happy to stay as being near family is important to her. I had been pushing for a move south for the past few years.
One day over the summer I was taking a nap before a car meet when my wife woke me up and asked: Is NH a option?
For what? I asked.
To move she says.
Sleepily i said sure, I guess.
Do you have a few minutes to talk about moving before you leave?
I think to myself oh sure because this will be a 5 minute conversation...

I'll be honest. Nh was not on my radar to move to, but she made some compelling points. FSP was there, I can drive my cars, good gun laws and no breed specific legislation.

So we hashed out a plan. We will look for land in the 20 plus acre range and then build our dream home. How we will pay for all this I have no idea but we will make it work. Somehow

paperboy

Re: Moving to NH by 2019 and a introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 06:56:33 pm »

Congratulations!!! NH is the best state in New England.
I am currently building a home myself. (It's been a 3 year process since I purchased the land)
Though we're on 5 acres.
Feel free to private message me and I can give you some tips to avoid some pitfalls in building.
Good, Fast and Cheap... Three options, but you only get to pick two.
$200 a foot is not an uncommon price up here for custom built homes.
You're under water from day one.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Moving to NH by 2019 and a introduction
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:34:44 pm »

as a westerner .... I would think that NH would be the default moving situation for anyone not ecstatic to live in Mass. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything