Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am In Process of Moving - Need to get my Vehicle Registered in NH - Help  (Read 1362 times)

garyonthenet2

Ok, so I am and early signer of the pledge way be in the low ougts.
Now the 20K threshold of pledgers has been met, I am preparing for the move, and one of the first things I want to do is get my vehicle registered there.
The problem is, I think you need to already have a place that you are living in NH in order to register one's car there.
A little bit of a chicken and egg situation; so, how do I get my car registered there, which is what I want to do first while I am looking for a place to live??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Am In Process of Moving - Need to get my Vehicle Registered in NH - Help
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 07:05:26 pm »

Registration is done at the town level, so yeah, you'd need to have a place of residence before registering your car. But may I ask, Why do you want to register your car first? Nothing else depends on it, and you save a bit of money (extend your time until registration renewal) by waiting until you *have* to register.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

garyonthenet2

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 11:47:43 am »

Because I intend to move there shortly, and I am going to use the car to get around there looking at the places I might want to live at.
It is not currently registered and it would make no sense to register it here where I live, only to re-register it a month later.
Any actual ideas, suggestions on what I could/should do?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »

I see. If it's not registered where you are, then you are in a bit of a pickle. I don't see any way around obtaining residency before registering your vehicle. You provide proof of residence when you register. Perhaps you could do a short-term rental and use that address as your "residence" for registration purposes. Proof of residence typically requires a rental agreement, utility bill, or piece of mail received at your current physical address.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

garyonthenet2

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 12:08:58 pm »

Yes, a pickle I have observed, and am trying to figure out a way to resolve.
Your idea did occur to me, I just don't quite know how to do that economically.
Is there some FSP pre-move organization that might be able to help me with this?
It would seem that this problem, or similar ones, would be a recurring thing for FSP immigrants.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 04:06:15 pm »

There are "Porc manors" where you can rent rooms at varying lengths of time. I would recommend contacting Mark Warden (www.porcupinerealestate.com) and going from there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up