Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving - Single Guy - Work in Boston - Immigrant - Need a Roommate  (Read 925 times)

Kolpakoff

Greetings, fellow Libertarians!

I am planing to move to NH  sometime in June/July, depending how quickly I will sort the situation out with the job in Boston.
I am starting to look for a fellow libertarian roommate. I am willing to pay up to $600 rent for a separate room per month; will need a parking spot, if garage then is a plus. I will mostly work from home and will need some ample space for a computer table and very fast and reliable internet connection, and the area needs to be located within 1 hr -1hr 30 min commute to Boston ( Nashua, Salem etc). Does anyone know anyone who could be interested to be a roommate?

I saw many people are moving with families and I have concerns whether the community is welcoming for a single man in his 30s.
I am also an immigrant from Eastern Europe and I speak 4 languages. How big is the immigrant community within the free state project supporters, did anyone count countries/languages represented?

Thanks to anyone who is able to provide any guidance, opinion  and recommendations!
This is my first post here and I am looking forward to becoming an active participant.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:51:50 pm by Kolpakoff »

pudge27

Hey Kolpakoff,

Just wanted to chime in, even though I don't really fit what you're looking for. I live in my own place in Hampstead, about 1 hr (without traffic) from Boston, where I work. I'm also single, and only moved to NH last year from MA, where all my family and most of my friends still live. Not sure about any immigrant communities in the surrounding area. But feel free to contact me if you need to a place to stay for a night or two. It is a bit weird when everyone is moving here with their family, and you're just rolling up by your onesy. I've managed to meet some people and settle in a bit. Doesn't happen overnight, but it's not all that bad/difficult.

Send me a message if you want, and I'll try to answer any other questions you may have.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage

There are a lot of singles in their 30s (mostly male) in the FSP, and they tend to be located in the Manchester-Nashua corridor or around Keene. We have a fair number of immigrants as well: Russia, Brazil, UK, and South Africa come to mind. For finding housing, in addition to the usual resources like Craigslist, I would recommend this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/123673281001783/?ref=br_rs .
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Kolpakoff

Thank you so much for chiming in guys, I will certainly make use of the mentioned FB group and its resources !!!

It is encouraging to see that the group of FSP supporters is voluntarily diverse, and there are single men in their 30s to potentially connect with socially, as I have no family in the US.
I am moving from the communist state of Illinois (Chicago), by the way, where I have lived for the past few years.
How windy is it in the South NH?

wakko

I'm in Nashua, too!

Southern NH gets a little bit of wind here n' there. But, it's really nowhere near as bad as the midwest.

blackie

Southern NH is pretty close to Boston.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/windiest-cities.php
The windiest city in the United States is not the one nicknamed the "Windy City". Among large cities, Chicago ranks twelfth for fastest average wind speed. America's windiest major city is Boston, where overall the wind blows two miles per hour faster than in Chicago.

Mt. Washington has wind gust records.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

let me see Mr Russell can answer some of these questions
I was named Mr. Russell by one of our crazy Polish immigrants.
We have a Ukrainian in Grafton who is from Chicago.
They are all crazy. They drive like maniacs. They don't follow any rules. They are all manly men. And they all hate communism.

Just to give you a different perspective. For the longest time, many people worried that only single people would be moving to The Shire with the FSP. So you will find many many singles to hang out with.

I think NH has better weather than IL.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Kolpakoff

Thanks, Russel, for your elucidation on Polish/Ukrainian immigrant stereotypes!  ;D ;D ;D

Well, to be very honest, I kinna fall into that category, too. I do drive like a maniac (but when the road is clear and empty) but not more than 110 mph because beyond that some cars cannot be controlled and instead they control you, I know my  limitations!  I do follow rules if failure to do so may cause harm or damage to property to other people with high probability. I am indeed a manly man, and left-leaning American women hate it. And certainly I do hate communism, and not a big fan of collectivism in general!

Looking forward to hanging out with singles or families alike!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

yea these guys think they know their limitations
our Ukrainian friend sends youtube videos of Russians are Crazy
:)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up