Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone from N. Conway area? Just bought a place!  (Read 1458 times)

OverTaxed

• FSP Participant
Anyone from N. Conway area? Just bought a place!
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:06:10 pm »

It's been two and a half years in the making, but we just bought a place in North Conway!  We'll be closing in a few weeks.  Making the permanent move from WNY by next spring.  In the mean time, we'll be spending as much time as possible during weekends, vacations, and over the summer making the new place home.  We know no one in the area - are there any get-togethers in the North Conway area?  Anyone into hiking or shooting sports?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Anyone from N. Conway area? Just bought a place!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:55:48 am »

Congratulations! We moved from Tonawanda, NY in 2013. I'm a big hiker and am starting to get into XC skiing. There's a fairly large shooting community here too. The Lakes Region Porcupines meet in Belmont monthly. There's also a North Country group. You might want to get to know some of the folks from Berlin. Lane and Kendall Strahan from Berlin are going to be producing PorcFest this year. For events, see: http://www.nhcalendar.org. Also email Chris Lopez at moved@freestateproject.org to let her know of your move date, and we can set up a move-in party.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

OverTaxed

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:57:26 am »

Hi Jason.  You may not recall, but we've actually met a couple times in Hanover and Lebanon during previous trips there.  I appreciate your feedback and will check out the Lakes Region and North Country meetups.  Something in North Conway would be awesome, but I don't see it mentioned as being a place where FSP people typically gather.  Maybe not a high density of movers there?  Or they're just not a vocal bunch?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 04:26:08 pm »

Hi Jason.  You may not recall, but we've actually met a couple times in Hanover and Lebanon during previous trips there.  I appreciate your feedback and will check out the Lakes Region and North Country meetups.  Something in North Conway would be awesome, but I don't see it mentioned as being a place where FSP people typically gather.  Maybe not a high density of movers there?  Or they're just not a vocal bunch?

I clicked through to see your email address... Yes! I won't mention your name here in case you want it private, but I'm glad to hear you're finally able to make the move. Exciting times.

You know, I'm not sure I know offhand anyone else in Conway. You could try joining the "Free Staters" group on Facebook and asking about that. There probably are some people there, but I just can't think of any names right now. The NH Liberty Calendar - http://www.nhcalendar.org - has all the liberty events. New meetups are starting all the time, and so there's no reason you couldn't start one there if there's enough of a base.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

OverTaxed

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 10:40:33 pm »

Thanks, and yes I like to keep a low social media profile.  ;) 

We'll be back and forth for the next year, but once we get settled in I'll consider putting something together.  And if you're ever interested in hiking friends let me know - we just started working our way thru the 48 list.  Always fun having company on the trails.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:32:59 am »

Thanks, and yes I like to keep a low social media profile.  ;) 

We'll be back and forth for the next year, but once we get settled in I'll consider putting something together.  And if you're ever interested in hiking friends let me know - we just started working our way thru the 48 list.  Always fun having company on the trails.

Yep, will do! You'll have easy access to Mt. Washington where you are.

OverTaxed

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 07:28:14 pm »

Not only that, but I can see Mt. Washington from our back deck.  How cool is that?!?!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 05:46:01 pm »

Not only that, but I can see Mt. Washington from our back deck.  How cool is that?!?!

Extremely. </jealous>

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 12:59:56 pm »

welcome home OT!
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

bigqueue

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 01:40:58 am »

It's been two and a half years in the making, but we just bought a place in North Conway!  We'll be closing in a few weeks.  Making the permanent move from WNY by next spring.  In the mean time, we'll be spending as much time as possible during weekends, vacations, and over the summer making the new place home.  We know no one in the area - are there any get-togethers in the North Conway area?  Anyone into hiking or shooting sports?

How are you...another one in Conway. Actually, I bought a house, but have not come up to live full time just yet. I still live in Central Mass, but actually lost my job there just two days after you made this post.....so I have been busy looking for work ever since.

I do get up here every week though.....coming up Wed nights and volunteering Thursday mornings at the Gibson Center in North Conway helping people there learn and deal with their technology. (Laptops, phones, tablets, etc...)

We should get together come time.

-Quentin
 quentin.lewis@gmail.com

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 10:21:29 am »

welcome home OT!
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it
Pages: [1]   Go Up