Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: State of Liberty in The Dartmouth Review  (Read 5313 times)

freedomroad

State of Liberty in The Dartmouth Review
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:53:52 pm »

State of Liberty
Posted by Brian Chen on April 25, 2015
http://www.dartreview.com/state-of-liberty/

What would a truly free society look like? I got a glimpse of the future when I attended the Free State Project’s ninth annual Liberty Forum on March 7. The Free State Project’s goal is to convince 20,000 libertarians to move to New Hampshire, and Liberty Forum was created with the expressed purpose of recruiting new participants. All it takes to become a participant is to sign a pledge that states:

I hereby state my solemn intent to move to the state of New Hampshire. Once there, I will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of individuals’ rights to life, liberty, and property.

The convention-style conference with an academic bent also provides resources and networking opportunities for those considering the move and those already in state.
Performance artist Vermin Supreme visits Liberty Forum.

As the Free State Project has grown, so has Liberty Forum. This year, the event moved from the Crowne Plaza in Nashua to the Radisson in Manchester to account for the burgeoning attendance of approximately 600 libertarians over four days—which is huge by New Hampshire standards. In fact, the Manchester Radisson is now the only venue in the state large enough for hosting such an event. Liberty Forum is certainly large enough to be a representative microcosm of the principles and aspirations of the Project’s participants. Moreover, Liberty Forum provides a unique window into what is perhaps the world’s most ambitious and idealistic libertarian movement.

Stuntman

• FSP Participant
Re: State of Liberty in The Dartmouth Review
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:22:47 am »

was a great piece
Pages: [1]   Go Up