Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interested in relocating to NH Grafton (or Keene etc.)  (Read 6986 times)

Jerry B

Re: Interested in relocating to NH Grafton (or Keene etc.)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 07:34:41 am »

I wrote:

I'm a 50-something fuddy-duddy, and I like a quiet peaceful area, so as far as location I am going to stay away from the Keene State College area, the high school, and the police station which seems to be to the far right on the map/satellite images. And I also think I'll stay away from the major shopping center areas. I hope this isn't in bad taste, or insulting, but are there particular neighborhoods or streets that I probably should stay away from? For example, I have read that the drug problem (opiates, etc.) is also in Keene. Are there specific streets where that is a problem? I hope I haven't offended anyone.

What I meant as far as "where I should stay away from," was in terms of a prospective home/house/apartment where I would want to live (like I wouldn't want to live in or near a known "bad neighborhood," etc.). I just wanted to clarify that because I'm still not that familiar with Keene.

Jerry B

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 08:00:28 am »

Well, while it didn't entirely answer my question, I did manage to find out about the "Free Streets Project" and I found that to be particularly helpful information.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 09:05:36 pm »

most of Keene is very quiet .... the North and West edges of town are very quiet. Those were our preferred bike routes
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up