Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tinted Window Law and other car/DMV questions  (Read 185 times)

liamseanhagerty

Tinted Window Law and other car/DMV questions
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:44:21 pm »

Hi all,

I've got a few questions regarding cars in New Hampshire.

• My fiance purchased a truck here in AR that has tinted windows. I read about a law on the NH DMV site (RSA 266:58-a) regarding aftermarket tint being fine for medical purposes, but hers are neither for medical or aftermarket. I assume she'll need to have them replaced?
  • I assume all of the major car brands/dealerships are present in NH, or are some missing due to how small the state is square mileage wise?
  • Is NH a state that makes it difficult to buy a Tesla? For example I read about a guy in Utah having to drive out to Nevada to pick his up because Utah has bans on direct sales to consumers. I'm not rich enough to buy one yet, but I'm thinking long-term obviously :-)
  • Bonus points if anyone can tell me why the NH DMV wants to confiscate my old Driver's License when applying for one in the state?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Tinted Window Law and other car/DMV questions
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:04:47 am »

I haven't dealt with tint myself, but I have heard a lot of stories about people's being required to remove it when they arrive in NH.

I haven't looked at most of the brands, but we have a choice of two dealerships in the immediate area for our service needs. But that's GM.

Tesla's direct sales to consumers are legal in NH.

Every state I've ever moved to has confiscated my old licenses, so I would find it weird if a state didn't do that. ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up