Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hampshire Statehouse  (Read 23582 times)

directaction

• WIN LIBERTY
Re:New Hampshire Statehouse
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2003, 04:07:32 pm »

Regarding jgmaynard's last:

Okay.  I think the "which state is best" criteria is largely meaningless, but there have been many meaningless arguments all around. If NH partisans disagree with me, it's moot when the selection is made.  As long as the state of New Hampshire provides free thermal underwear.

John P. Slevin

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2003, 04:33:00 pm »

And anyway, I, too, support parental notification... I think the right for a parent to be aware of their child's medical conditions supercedes the right of the child to make medical decisions for themselves.

I find it rather odd that when it comes to kids, so many otherwise libertarian parents become petty tyrants. If a parent can't trust their kids to inform them of their medical decisions, then the parents a) haven't done a very good job parenting, or b) have done a fine job, to the point their kids are able to judge that their parents are not capable of maturely handling such information.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

Sean Coven

• FSP Participant
  • I Hate Maryland!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2003, 04:49:26 pm »

"A" is the reason why I support physician waivers in lieu of parental notification, as well.  :)

As for B... well, see "A". ;)

BillG

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2003, 08:53:45 pm »

Actually, it is 29 people in office in NH.... National has yet to catch up with our spring victories.... On top of what they had, we also elected Charles Carrol (Rindge selectman?), Howard Wilson, and Mary'L Gere, who we found out was an LPNH member holding office.

Make it an even 30...Rep. Dick Noyes (R) is a confirmed and enthusiastic Geo-Libertarian!

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2003, 09:15:31 pm »

Those numbers only count members of the LPNH.... But if you know him, give him a ring, and get him to join... We would love to have him aboard! :D

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

BillG

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2003, 10:30:08 pm »

Those numbers only count members of the LPNH.... But if you know him, give him a ring, and get him to join... We would love to have him aboard!

Sounds like a plan except for one small problem Jim. Unfortunately the Libertarian Party's platform treats labor-based property and land-based property the same in strict violation of classical liberal principles and therefore Geo-libertarianism.

Since the party is technically in violation of your own motto "the party of principle" I don't think he would be able to join out of his own principles.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up