Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum problems  (Read 4573 times)

slayerboy

Forum problems
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:30:52 am »

Biggest issue I'm having right now is marking all topics read in any of the forum sections.  Every time I do, I get
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

I also cannot click on the "new" icon to go to the newest messages in a thread. It just brings me to the OP.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: Forum problems
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:12:23 am »

Try logging out, clearing your browser's cookies, and logging back in. Or just clear your cookies; you'll still have to log back in.

slayerboy

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 05:38:03 am »

Still getting the same message after clearing cookies and clearing cache.  Could it be Google Chrome/Chromium?

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 07:31:26 am »

Still getting the same message after clearing cookies and clearing cache.  Could it be Google Chrome/Chromium?

If you changed your security settings recently then yes.

The error is suggestive of the specific session though, have you tried clearing cookies and closing chrome entirely (all windows and using task manager to make sure it is really closed)?

slayerboy

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 11:18:12 am »

Still getting the same thing.  Tried on multiple computers, Windows and Linux.  Cleared cache and cookies, closed browser, restarted computer and logged back in.  Still can't mark any part of the forum as read.  It's not a message from my browser, it's a message on the forum page itself. It happens in firefox and Chromium/Chrome.  I'll check my settings on the forum to see if I might have screwed up a setting, but as far as I know I haven't changed any forum settings besides adding my profile pic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything