Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small, very helpful changes for free state forum  (Read 12103 times)

freedomroad

Re: Small, very helpful changes for free state forum
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 12:51:24 pm »

Folks, please no more name calling on this forum.  Otherwise, I'll change your bad words into all caps, which will make you look bad!

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 11:23:27 pm »

Folks, please no more name calling on this forum.  Otherwise, I'll change your bad words into all caps, which will make you look bad!

In this thread, this is the only example of name calling I could find:

YOU PROVED ME RIGHT, YOU FOOL.

That was directed at me, and I do not find it so offensive that I think this thread needs a language cop.

I'm not sure I've ever called anyone a name on THIS forum... :D
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Steve

• FSP Board Member
  • Administrator
  • La Vero vin liberigos
    • Elegant Solutions
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 12:53:27 am »

I just want to say= My Popcorn bill is getting enormous.  >:D
sometimes i come on this forum and am amazed
is this how geeks fight?
it looks like a slap fight during a NBA game :o
Yup, each has gotta show his IT/volunteer schlang is bigger. Wish they'd zip it up. Popcorn gives me migraines, and so do programmers in a religious war. Can't count how many times I've seen it. That's why the corporate world has comparison matrices and software project managers, but they don't exist in the parallel bizarro volunteer world. Then again, lots of us have engaged in flame wars here, so this pot can't call this pair of kettles black. ;)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 03:08:20 pm »

I just want to say= My Popcorn bill is getting enormous.  >:D
sometimes i come on this forum and am amazed
is this how geeks fight?
it looks like a slap fight during a NBA game :o
Yup, each has gotta show his IT/volunteer schlang is bigger. Wish they'd zip it up. Popcorn gives me migraines, and so do programmers in a religious war. Can't count how many times I've seen it. That's why the corporate world has comparison matrices and software project managers, but they don't exist in the parallel bizarro volunteer world. Then again, lots of us have engaged in flame wars here, so this pot can't call this pair of kettles black. ;)

I doubt you are unaware of this, but I'll go ahead and point it out:

No one is forcing you to sit in front of YOUR computer and read each reply in this thread.

PS I'm not a programmer
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 07:28:10 am »

No one is forcing you to sit in front of YOUR computer and read each reply in this thread.

I feel utterly compelled to check this thread for updates at least three times a day. Its a little like Lost, we know the ending is going to be shit but we still sit utterly transfixed waiting for it  ;D

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 09:50:23 am »

I feel utterly compelled to check this thread for updates at least three times a day. Its a little like Lost, we know the ending is going to be shit but we still sit utterly transfixed waiting for it  ;D
+1

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 03:54:33 pm »

the next episode will be the fighting during porcfest
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up