Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Small, very helpful changes for free state forum  (Read 12104 times)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Small, very helpful changes for free state forum
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:01:29 am »

Upgrade from SMF 1.1.8 ....
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Re: Small, very helpful changes for free state forum
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:02:32 am »

And the PorcFest section needs an overhaul.

I SERIOUSLY do not like that we let you talk us into destroying our super awesome forum over at PorcFest2010.com, for THIS.......
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 02:08:03 pm »

Network effects, Metcalfe's Law.

Did you consider offering to *do* the SMF upgrade?
Now that you're organizing an FSP event, it should be "our forum" to you as well.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 02:21:20 pm »

And the PorcFest section needs an overhaul.

I nominate Sovereign Curtis.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 02:37:30 pm »

Network effects, Metcalfe's Law.

Did you consider offering to *do* the SMF upgrade?
Now that you're organizing an FSP event, it should be "our forum" to you as well.

No, I considered taking your advice to ax the PorcFest 2010 forum. I DID THAT.

How about you do something for me now?

Its called TIT FOR TAT

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:32:19 pm »

Dude, why all antagonistic?
I suggested that if you want this old SMF instance to be upgraded, you should offer to perform said upgrade, rather than gripe about it.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 07:09:09 pm »

Dude, why all antagonistic?
I suggested that if you want this old SMF instance to be upgraded, you should offer to perform said upgrade, rather than gripe about it.

I don't get it. You get to make helpful suggestions for things for me to do, but I cant do the same for you?

Seriously. I'm ready for some reciprocity.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 09:25:59 pm »

I'M ready for Popcorn! ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 08:54:13 am »

Curtis, you pissed off the folks most likely to volunteer to help you when you intentionally went your own way rather than cooperate and work together.  You (rightly) got called on the carpet for that by folks in charge, beyond the IT crowd.

Bitching about the current version of the forum is unlikely to get you anywhere, offering to help make it happen might help, but it's clear that you really don't want to help, you just want to complain.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 09:19:52 am »

Curtis, you pissed off the folks most likely to volunteer to help you when you intentionally went your own way rather than cooperate and work together.  You (rightly) got called on the carpet for that by folks in charge, beyond the IT crowd.

Bitching about the current version of the forum is unlikely to get you anywhere, offering to help make it happen might help, but it's clear that you really don't want to help, you just want to complain.

Actually, it was I who asked for cooperation, and it was YOU who said do it my way or enjoy the wilderness.

You were supported in your opinion (publicly) by just one other person, while I received tons of support for my effort, both publicly and privately.

You did not ask me to cooperate with YOU on YOUR IDEA of making the PorcFest section of the FSP website better.

You simply shat on MY IDEA and said "do it how I want you to do it"

That is NOT COOPERATION.

WendellBerry

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 11:18:57 am »

I'M ready for Popcorn! ;D

Pass the popcorn please or are you not sharing?

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 12:49:22 pm »

I gotta side with Seth here.
If PF splits off into a non-FSP event, then Curtis you almost did the right thing (minor goof in putting the year in the URL so all your branding goes out the window in 12 months).
If PF remains an FSP event, you invested resources extremely poorly. Why not add all these nice flashy features to the FSP site? Yes, that'd be more work... but the IT group does have an awesome, professional-quality site development system. You could have checked out a dev site, done some integration, and invested in the FSP brand.

But, you chose the quick and easy path...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:51:53 pm by Denis Goddard »

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 12:53:05 pm »

Wow! Curtis is trying to steal Porc Fest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning Warning Danger Will Robinson!

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 04:17:09 pm »

Wow! Curtis is trying to steal Porc Fest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol, no. More like he is an awesome volunteer and took ownership, which is awesome. Well, Carla "owns" PorcFest, but who knows, her reign cannot last forever ;)

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 12:13:29 am »

Yes that was sarcasm, the warning danger Will Robinson thing 
was supposed to indicate that.

I guess not.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

anything