Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kerry=Benson  (Read 1350 times)

EMOR

• I'm a llama!
Kerry=Benson
« on: July 23, 2003, 10:21:01 am »

I am a committed, passionate entrepreneur." "I don't want to be the first generation to leave this country in worse shape than we found it."

- Gov. Craig Benson, in his inaugural address?

Nope. That was Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, Democratic presidential primary contender, speaking at House Democratic Leader Peter Burling's farm in Cornish on Friday evening.

We can only imagine Kerry read the press accounts of Benson's inaugural speech on Friday morning and found it all so compelling, he unconsciously stole a phrase or two.

Or maybe, as one member of Kerry's audience joked to us afterward, the two of them have been getting their material from some political speechwriting Web site out there.

But certainly we can't imagine that Poet Laureate Marie Harris would have done such a thing. At the inaugural ceremony on Thursday, Harris spoke of the arduous journey John Adams made from his Massachusetts farm to Philadelphia to meet with the Continental Congress.

In his talk, Kerry also asked the audience to recall how Adams "got on his horse and rode to Philadelphia" despite the weather, the smallpox epidemic and the hardship he encountered along the way.
WY>SD>AK>VT>ND>DE>MT>ID>NH>ME

Rearden

• FSP Participant
  • We're supposed to be activists, remember?
    • Free State Project
Re:Kerry=Benson
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 10:31:19 am »

How, exactly, does this show Craig Benson to be the equivalent to Kerry?  

This post makes no sense.
Government can do only one thing: It can break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, "See?  If not for the government you couldn't walk."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything