Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions Regarding Using Crypto-Currencies with Stores/Services  (Read 706 times)

liamseanhagerty

Hi All,

While I've been reading a lot about Bitcoin being widely accepted across the state, I haven't seen a whole lot of info on the transaction processes themselves. I have an Android-based Bitcoin wallet (the official one from bitcoin.org) on my Samsung Galaxy S6, and I'm trying to get a sense of what store owners and service providers are expecting for in-person purchases as I'm new to the whole process. Would the app wallet itself suffice for buying stuff (seeing as how it has transfer features) or should I be looking into Bitcoin debit cards (like Coinbase's Shift Card for example)?

On a related note, is Monero popular at all? I've become a fan of the increased transaction privacy vs Bitcoin and have been casually mining it on the side.

Thanks in advance!

starrychloe

Re: Questions Regarding Using Crypto-Currencies with Stores/Services
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 07:42:37 pm »

Yes your mobile wallet is sufficient.

No Monero is not popular in use, but it is popular (probably for savings or dark web). There isn't a mobile Monero wallet currently (that I know of), as it uses a completely different type of blockchain and protocol than bitcoin and the rest. It requires a full node. It doesn't support SPV (thin clients).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything