Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 3 Issues?  (Read 422 times)

paperboy

Top 3 Issues?
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »

So...What are the 3 largest issues facing NH and what could we do as a group of like minded people to make a difference in these issues?

I'd also encourage people to see the site...

www.asmainegoes.com

This is a very active free political speech site across the border and would like to see this site rival that one.

It has all the potential to be.

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
Re: Top 3 Issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 12:34:18 am »

sorry you've gotten so few responses so far to this thoughtful question.  Or maybe I should say *no* responses :(

Anyway, the three top issues I see and the ones I think the average NH person sees.

I see as top issues: 

- Whether NH govt. is to be cooperative or non-cooperative with Washington on, well, everything...and of course I would like to see it be a lot more non-cooperative.
- What kind of disposition NH govt develops toward crypto currency (positive for now, but will it still be positive if/after DC generates a crisis and blames Bitcoin?)
- Size of NH state budget...when will it finally start going down again?

Average people probably see:

- How do we cut the number of drug deaths in state
- What to do about rising cost/scarcity of health care
- Education, how to improve it
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:29:07 pm »

MHO:

1) Occupational licensing reform;
2) Asset forfeiture reform (NH has gone partway but needs to go further);
3) Reducing land-use regulation and zoning (probably the toughest of all of these, as the battles have to take place mostly at the local level).
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

paperboy

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 05:55:47 pm »

I think professional licensing is something that can be easily improved with some coordinated effort.

My wife has a license to appraise real estate in NH and NY, because the two states of reciprocity.

I'd like to seem Maine and NH aim for reciprocity in licensing.

An electrician or plumber or nurse, living on the border should be able to work on either side of the imaginary line.

If you're living along the border, life is tough enough already.

Both states would benefit as you'd still have to pay the license fee, but you would avoid all the hoops they make you jump through.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:45:53 am »

I agree. Many licenses actually do have reciprocity, but it needs to be made more seamless and automatic for all professions.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

paperboy

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 06:09:55 pm »

I am currently unaware of any reciprocity between Maine and NH on anything.
5 years ago, I got a reciprocity in licensing bill into the Maine legislature and 100 different lobbyists came out to kill it.
Almost every profession. Realtors, Doctors, Nurses, you name it.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 07:50:36 pm »

I am currently unaware of any reciprocity between Maine and NH on anything.
5 years ago, I got a reciprocity in licensing bill into the Maine legislature and 100 different lobbyists came out to kill it.
Almost every profession. Realtors, Doctors, Nurses, you name it.

That's a shame. Pure protectionism. You'd think legislators would see through that kind of naked self-interest.

Here's an example of licensing reciprocity in NH: http://www.nhreschool.com/nh-reciprocity-ma-me-vt-ga . Again, needs to be more seamless. Why not have a New England exam that offers licensure in all 6 New England states?
Pages: [1]   Go Up